1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
One thing a manufacturer never wants to do is leave any money on the table!

Wilson is trying to have an offering for any shooter / any platform. They are smart, they know what they are doing. Even if one isn’t a Wilson fanboy you have to admit they know how to build and run a successful business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
189 Posts
I’ve seen these listed as low as $1975, but not sure I like the front strap treatment. At the price it is very tempting and they offer full, Commander and compact sizes too.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
that's cause the market is very soft and there probably not making the money they used to.
I bet non of the semi custom manufacturer's are......

Be interesting to see who is still around in 4 years (assuming a continuation of the Trump slump) and who goes out of business.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
If I was shopping for a pistol in this price range, I'd give it a serious look.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In a way, I would rather they not do any front strap treatment and just knock a couple hundred bucks off the price than have this ribbed "Eagle Claw" weirdness.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
The styling and the way they named them is reason enough for me to turn my head and keep going. Do pistol companies even think before they do stuff like write ACP on the side of a 9mm???
They could have built a checkered gun with good sights and gi style serrations and they'd have flown off the shelves.

·
What me worry ?
12,503 Posts
It seems most of the Majors are doing a more affordable 1911 .
I believe these to be built in mass , or batch , with no changes
And minimal or no hands on fitting . Then assemble by someone .
What nomenclature do they fall in ?
Not a full custom
Not a semi- custom
I got it -factory assembled like Colt ,Springfield and DW except you pay a higher price for an ugly pistol !

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Wilson was one of those on my list for my next High-end 1911. Now it's Nighthawk for sure. He's lowering his standard. Getting cheesy in my opinion. But that's just me. That thing is ugly.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Like others, I don't like the front strap treatment. Its better than the XTAC treatment, but not by much. I'd rather pay $1900 without any front strap treatment.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Slide serrations are kind of ugly too.

It would seem that Wilson could sell a pile of $1800 guns with NFCS, traditional rear slide serrations, no front strap treatment. Just a plain working 1911.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts