Newest Member of the Family

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blitz45, Feb 9, 2018.

1. blitz45

blitz45 Cogito ergo armatus sum Supporting Addict

Nov 6, 2017
    As some may remember from previous pet threads, my last dog passed away some time ago. Both my wife and I grew up with dogs and have always had at least one. It has been very... different... going this long without one. Our kids are 3 and 5 and have both been asking for a puppy for a while. My wife has wanted a golden retriever since we first got together. And now, with our engagement anniversary approaching, a golden retriever happened to fall into my lap while my wife and I were running errands.

Meet Chloe! The golden retriever who practically prances instead of walking. This dog is extremely confident and loving. It's amazing to see how she "pulls back" when playing with the kids, taking care not to be too rough.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2015

3. Colt1911Guy

Colt1911Guy Lifetime NRA member Supporting Addict

Aug 27, 2017
    Puppy breath!!!
    Good looking dog, enjoy

Jimhoag and blitz45 like this.
  4. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things! Supporting Addict

Nov 18, 2014
    Love a good dog!!

blitz45 likes this.
  5. walleyemonster

walleyemonster Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 11, 2017
    Enjoy! Dogs are great!

blitz45 likes this.
  6. WWB

WWB Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    Good looking pup Congrats.

blitz45 likes this.
  7. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    Well done!

Chloe's a little beauty.
    Hope you have a LONG, happy life together.

blitz45 likes this.
  8. Sneaky One

Sneaky One Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Aug 14, 2016
    Fantastic addition to the family. A house isn't a home without a dog in it.

blitz45 likes this.
  9. blitz45

Nov 6, 2017
    My wife tells me I'm a weirdo for liking the smell of it so much.

tac45 and mikemac like this.
  10. blitz45

Nov 6, 2017
    Well said, brother. I've always had dogs, usually a couple at a time as I took in rescued pitbulls. This was the longest I've gone without a dog and it feels great to have one back in the home.

Chloe has really taken to me. If I go into one room and shut the door, like the bathroom, she sits outside of it and cries until I open it. The joy she has brought us all is amazing. They truly are man's best friend.

gaijin likes this.
  11. Sneaky One

Sneaky One Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Aug 14, 2016
    I completely understand. Most my pups have been rescues. She and your family are lucky !

blitz45 likes this.
  12. LPRoad

LPRoad Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 16, 2015
    Congrats! A great looking pup :)

blitz45 likes this.
  13. mikemac

mikemac Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Apr 22, 2017
    As a golden retriever person. You made a good choice. Hope you have as much fun as we have 000_0308 (Large).jpg jetski andy&joni.jpg joni sunset dog 6-27-00.jpg my dog Sam  (Large).jpg

14. blitz45

Nov 6, 2017
    mikemac, that's one beautiful pup you have. I've never had a golden before, but my wife owned two at one point and they're her favorites. I'm beginning to see why! In just this short amount of time, it's clear that they're an excellent family dog.

mikemac likes this.
  15. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    Blitzy, Dollie asked if you could bring Chloe back now :roflmaro:

blitz45 likes this.
  16. Justin_Pelletier

Justin_Pelletier Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 27, 2016
    That’s awesome. Congrats. Wish I could have got a golden puppy but I opted for a rescue as have a 3 year old and a 8 week old.

In October my partner in crime had to be put down. She was a 8 yr old female named Tess. She was a rescue and she went everywhere with me and protected my wife and daughter all the time. Don’t know if you read any older posts regarding my golden history.

Here she is.

[​IMG]

While browsing Facebook I saw a post regarding 2 Golden’s that needed homes. I inquired and was told I was not fit for the dog. Which was BS. I asked a buddy if he knew anyone at the rescue he knew the owner. So I came home the next day with a 2 year old golden name Finn.

[​IMG]

He has been abused, beat and needs tons of work. Probably harder than a puppy. You pick up a leash he hides as he was beat, he never slept indoors, never had a dog bed, he was only fed peoples scraps. Had him for 2 months and he’s improving.

Golden’s have a place in my heart. Congrats on your puppy. They are super loyal and awesome dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fatbaldguy, limbkiller, tac45 and 6 others like this.
  17. FWoo45

FWoo45 The whole world is about three drinks behind. Supporting Addict

Jan 13, 2017
    I do love puppy breath. Congrats on the new partner in crime. That's a good looking pup. It's always amazing to me how dogs can tell that a kid is their kid and they are so protective and careful with them.

mikemac and blitz45 like this.
  18. mikemac

mikemac Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Apr 22, 2017
    Love to see all the pictures. I can go on & on. All the goldens if they don't like the situation they get up and walk away. Justin thanks for rescuing that golden. I will shut up now adley&sammy 040 (Large).jpg DSC00535 (Large).JPG

gaijin, FWoo45, blitz45 and 1 other person like this.
  19. blitz45

Nov 6, 2017
    Beautiful dogs there. I'm sorry to hear about Tress. I know how hard it is to have to say goodbye. My pit rescue Logan went down in my arms after about 7 years of having him.

Finn is lucky to have you and I'm sure you feel that you're the lucky one, too. There's just something special about rescues and how they're able to overcome such terrible treatment and be so loving.

My grandmother spent her entire life saving animals of all kinds, all over the world, and it rubbed off on me. My mother often tells us the story of how she missed prom because she had to help her rescue a raccoon.

mikemac likes this.
  20. blitz45

Nov 6, 2017
    Chloe is my first dog that wasn't a rescue in some sense. The lady we got her from wasn't able to keep her, but by all indications she was treated with love and well taken care of for the time she had her.

It breaks my heart and boils my blood that people can treat animals and other humans so horribly.

fatbaldguy, mikemac and FWoo45 like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted