1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had the pleasure to shoot my new to me, non-railed TRP today.

I feed it 100 Rounds of Persicion Delta 230 Ball remanfacutred ammo..
Experienced 1 stole pipe, after maybe 80’ish rounds - it was pretty dirt, and this TRP is very very tight...Definitely not broken in yet. It also didn’t always lock back on empty with my 2 Wilson EMT magazines I used... Not sure why, as they work in my other 1911 without issue.

Meat and potatoes;Gun was Very accurate, if I held on for dear life; It’s been awhile since I’ve shoot .45ACP, but it would shoot a nice ragged for sure.

This TRP isn’t as smooth as my Sig Scorpion 1911, however I attribute that to a few things, one of them being how tight it is, I think whoever had it before me, didn’t put many rounds through it, based on how little to no ware it shows.

Trigger: Not impressed with it, has a long pull before it breaks, it’s not crisp & reset is long.

All N All, I’m very happy with it.

Planned upgrades: I already ordered a complete fire control unit from Harrison designs, went with the Extreme trigger kit, new strut & pin,colt sear spring & his Medium black trigger, plus new wolf springs. Also have a new 10-8 U notch rear site and a Kensight with nice Artic white paint around the tube on the way so I can see my front site better.

If you made it to the end of this long rant, you get to see pictures... ; ) Thanks!

21 rounds @ 14 feet. I’m no John Wick

·
born in the wrong century
6,152 Posts
Always love seeing an AK TRP in action.

Always have been a fan of these guns.

Great memories surround my own. It was the gun that bumped me into wanting to add additional 1911's. It's been a very reliable 1911....but it is in need of some improved guts as well. Trigger could be improved.

I hope you'll post up yours after shooting it some once you install Mr. Harrison's parts. 👍

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts

Great memories surround my own. It was the gun that bumped me into wanting to add additional 1911's. It's been a very reliable 1911....but it is in need of some improved guts as well. Trigger could be improved.

I hope you'll post up yours after shooting it some once you install Mr. Harrison's parts. 👍
What is an "AK TRP"? I tried to figure it out without asking, but here I am.

Sweet gun! I like my SA's very much and though I've never had a newer TRP, my old Brazilian stainless is great.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congrats and many years of enjoyment with your new TRP. My TRP was my first adventure into over a grand 1911 and the wow factor over Kimber Colt and SA offerings of lesser money made me very pleased with the investment, I'm sure you will as well, enjoy.

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
I had the pleasure to shoot my new to me, non-railed TRP today.

I feed it 100 Rounds of Persicion Delta 230 Ball remanfacutred ammo..
Experienced 1 stole pipe, after maybe 80’ish rounds - it was pretty dirt, and this TRP is very very tight...Definitely not broken in yet. It also didn’t always lock back on empty with my 2 Wilson EMT magazines I used... Not sure why, as they work in my other 1911 without issue.

Meat and potatoes;Gun was Very accurate, if I held on for dear life; It’s been awhile since I’ve shoot .45ACP, but it would shoot a nice ragged for sure.

This TRP isn’t as smooth as my Sig Scorpion 1911, however I attribute that to a few things, one of them being how tight it is, I think whoever had it before me, didn’t put many rounds through it, based on how little to no ware it shows.

Trigger: Not impressed with it, has a long pull before it breaks, it’s not crisp & reset is long.

All N All, I’m very happy with it.

Planned upgrades: I already ordered a complete fire control unit from Harrison designs, went with the Extreme trigger kit, new strut & pin,colt sear spring & his Medium black trigger, plus new wolf springs. Also have a new 10-8 U notch rear site and a Kensight with nice Artic white paint around the tube on the way so I can see my front site better.

If you made it to the end of this long rant, you get to see pictures... ; ) Thanks!

21 rounds @ 14 feet. I’m no John Wick
View attachment 777528 View attachment 777529

OMG!! It's DIRTY!!!! For shame!!! ;)

Have fun, it will have some quirks breaking in.

I also have to ask what an AK TRP is?

·
6,152 Posts
Armory Kote.

Reactions: Uncle Bob

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,320 Posts
I think he's refering to Armory Kote, the black finish.

Reactions: Uncle Bob and Dub

·
In Kentucky
10,171 Posts
Camouflage Military camouflage Textile Sleeve Beige
my black trp. 1,200 rounds not one problem.

Reactions: Dub

·
Registered
352 Posts

Dub, that was exactly the case for me as well! The TRP was like a 1911 45acp candy man! An addiction for certain … although I also love my 2011s in 9mm.

·
6,152 Posts
Well I guess I'm armor kote impaired! :)

I've not kept current on things with SA....but I'm thinking they replaced AK with Black T or some other coating.

I went in to pick up a new full-rail TRP at my FFL and refused it. It was listed as AK but was actually whatever the new stuff is. Had a different hue than the ninja black AK.....somewhere between AK & parkerizing. That particular gun had some crazy gouges, scratches in several spots. I called the online dealer, Bud's Gun Shop, and followed their instructions to refuse transfer and they'd send me another.

They called me back in a day or two and said they didn't have another to send.

Couple cruddy pics of the full rail that went back:

Think I'll take my trusty TRP out on the next range trip.

She ready.

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
I've not kept current on things with SA....but I'm thinking they replaced AK with Black T or some other coating.

I went in to pick up a new full-rail TRP at my FFL and refused it. It was listed as AK but was actually whatever the new stuff is. Had a different hue than the ninja black AK.....somewhere between AK & parkerizing. That particular gun had some crazy gouges, scratches in several spots. I called the online dealer, Bud's Gun Shop, and followed their instructions to refuse transfer and they'd send me another.

They called me back in a day or two and said they didn't have another to send.

Couple cruddy pics of the full rail that went back:

Think I'll take my trusty TRP out on the next range trip.

She ready.

Nice and wet like my Guardian! BTW thanks again for motivating me to go read the DS site before my Guardian got here!!!!

Saved me a heap of trouble.

·
6,152 Posts
Nice and wet like my Guardian! BTW thanks again for motivating me to go read the DS site before my Guardian got here!!!!

Saved me a heap of trouble.

👍

I have to finish paying off my own Guardian and she'll be getting some Weapon Shield lovin' and range time.

I read the endorsements from @Dwe for it being at favorite carry gun and I can see the appeal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts