1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some guns that you all would like to own? I’ll start, my next 3 in this order.

1. BCM recce 16
2. Ruger Blackhawk w/4.75 in barrel convertible-.357/.38 in blue finish
3. Henry lever action in .357/.38

As finances allow obviously. At this time, these are what I am wanting. This list could grow, or shrink, or change. Who knows? That’s half the fun. Let me know what ya think of my list, and share what you all have a hankering for.
I know this is a pretty boring list, but I only will purchase guns that I know I will truly enjoy.

This thread is for fun atm, since i recently depleted my toy fund on a Colt 1911. Just throwing this last thing out there because I’m not in a position to make a purchase, and I don’t mean this to be a “want to buy thread”. Wish it could be, but that isn’t the reality for me right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Product Gun Firearm Photograph Trigger

I must have repressed desires of some sort of tacticool mall ninja. Something about this gun is speaking to me. I have very limited experience with strikers. I’ve never even shot a Glock. They look like soulless hunks of plastic to me. I’ve only shot friends p320, M&P and my wife’s p365 and I don’t like the triggers. I don’t know, but I hope it passes.

·
Registered
855 Posts
1) LTT 1301 - Have been thinking of one since they started offering them.
2) Another AR. Was eyeing a Geissele SD but also thinking of building a MK12.
3) Revolver. Would like an older K/L-Frame.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
View attachment 404121
I must have repressed desires of some sort of tacticool mall ninja. Something about this gun is speaking to me. I have very limited experience with strikers. I’ve never even shot a Glock. They look like soulless hunks of plastic to me. I’ve only shot friends p320, M&P and my wife’s p365 and I don’t like the triggers. I don’t know, but I hope it passes.
Have you looked a the zev09? It’s ground up designed by zev. Has a more 1911ish grip. It’s spendy though at 1300 bucks.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1) LTT 1301 - Have been thinking of one since they started offering them.
2) Another AR. Was eyeing a Geissele SD but also thinking of building a MK12.
3) Revolver. Would like an older K/L-Frame.
Not familiar with the LTT1301. Love my K frame pre-lock smith. Model 10-5.

I wanted a round gun in 357 mag for quite some time. Last week I bought a Ruger Model 1752 Wiley Clapp. I am anxious to get it.
I owned a Ruger Blackhawk in the past. Have always like the short barrel Blackhawk and want another.

·
Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled.
5,017 Posts
View attachment 404121
They’re not soulless - that’s pure Teutonic class.

Reactions: notshawn54

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Thinking S&W 44 mag 629 Deluxe w/3" bbl. I can handle my 61/2" but the 3" will get interesting. Like the 4th of July! Someone w/a 3"44 mag what to chime in and tell there experiences ?

·
Registered
784 Posts
California makes some choices hard. Nighthawk has fixed some of that, so my next buy will be a 6” 10mm with IOS sight optio (a 1911, but still next buy). Also looking for a custom bolt rifle in .375 H&H.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Have you looked a the zev09? It’s ground up designed by zev. Has a more 1911ish grip. It’s spendy though at 1300 bucks.

These desires just surfaced in the last few days. I briefly looked at Zev but the Shadow Systems is $400-500 less. That might be more as they are releasing a new version soon. I did see Zev is making an all steel “Glock” though.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts