Next Project: Big Brother for the Twins

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Melter942, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Melter942

Melter942 Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    I've been wanting to add a third to my "EDC Twins", a big brother per se. I happened upon a lightly used R.O. Compact at the LGS and grabbed it for a good price.
    This one will require all of the same modifications as the first two, plus "silvering" of the slide. I'm guessing hard chrome. Any other suggestions?

1.JPG

3.JPG

Starting at the muzzle, we'll need to flush cut and crown the barrel, install and blend a gold bead front sight, and ball cut the slide to match the others.
    Moving back and down, a 10-8 flat trigger (and action tune) along with ball cut serrations on the front grip strap will be in order.

4.JPG Top down from the driver's seat, a 10-8 rear sight is needed, along with SA's "GI Style" single side thumb safety. Replacing the ILS mainspring housing with a non-ILS that also has the ball cut serrations will be required.
    5.JPG

I was a bit concerned about matching Larry Davidson's 4 x 4 G-10 grips, so I contacted Michael Gailey at SGM and was really surprised and happy to learn that Michael has worked out a deal with Larry and is making any and ALL of the original Monkey Grips to Larry's original specs. How cool is that?

I'm thinking this one will be sent to SACS for the work, as they did the other two. I'm anxious to get it started.

2. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    That's a nice trio.

Melter942 likes this.

3. Sneaky One

Sneaky One Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Very nice sir.......

Melter942 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted