NFL Draft discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pennywise827, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Pennywise827

Pennywise827 I keeed I keeed.....

Jan 23, 2017
    So day one is in the books. For you NFL fans, what did you think of your teams choice? I know its all speculation, but its what we got right now right?

As a Chiefs fan I couldn't be happier to see them jump up 17 spots and nab the QB Patrick Mahones II. I've waited most of my life for the Chiefs to finally draft a franchise QB, and even if Mahones flops, I still think it was the right choice right now. Our needs as a team are slim...we have a very high cap number, so multiple additions over the next two years don't make a ton of sense, and our other needs (except at the Mike position) can be handled in rounds 3-7. I think they need to focus on an interior LB in the second round, but would be happy with one of the great RB's that are going to still be available in round 2.

2. Robert F. Ciancio Jr.

Robert F. Ciancio Jr. Si vis pacem, para bellum

Jun 25, 2014
    Pittsburgh got TJ Watt for an O.L. position. He was a Wisconsin Badger and brother of JJ. He's big, strong but the reports I've seen show him as being average, no JJ. But Pittsburgh has a way of developing a strong defense, so we will see.

PS: Go Pens

boatdoc and Pennywise827 like this.

3. SparkyAZ

SparkyAZ It is a dry heat, right... Supporting Addict

Sep 11, 2012
    AZ Cardinals actually did most excellent with their selection at 13, Haason Reddick out of Temple.
    Very good choice IMHO...
    As for my Bears, just don't know what to think of that move???

Pennywise827 likes this.
  4. Oldag

Oldag Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Hated to see Miles go to the hapless Browns.

5. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    the bears are assured of many 2-14 seasons to come.

the jets did ok-but will still bite it for years like the bears

I fell asleep soon after that. I will catch up before tonights action

6. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    pittsburgh always has a decent draft Watt is nothing to sneeze at

hope the preds win the cup. They embarrased the blackhawks and looked dominant while doing it

7. Pennywise827

Jan 23, 2017
    I don't know either. Tribinsky or however it is spelled didn't wow me as a first rounder, but to go number 2?! I figured D. Watson or Mahones would go in the first, and Tribinsky in the early second. Only time will tell on all 3.

boatdoc and sparky.0 like this.
  8. Usp45ct

Usp45ct Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Patriots have yet to have a pick...but I am good with that.

Been a fan since '65

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  9. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Rams have the #5 pick in the second round. Been a fan since the late 60's.

10. Pennywise827

Jan 23, 2017
    Well all in all, I was underwhelmed with picks 2-7. I'm glad the Chiefs traded up and got rid of all those extra picks (I think they started with 11 picks, yet hardly any cap space to sign 11 players) for targets they deemed necessary.

Biggest gripe is with the 2nd round pick being a DE. The Chiefs have Tamba Hali (should retire soon) Justin Houston, and Dee Ford as pass rushers. We run a 3-4 defense...so DE is prototypically a 4-3 position. Our greatest defensive need was a run stopping MLB, but alas we went pass rusher, and traded up to get him.

a RB with the 3rd rounder is OK...I mean with Jamal Charles no longer on the team, Spencer Ware was serviceable, as was Charcandrick West, but it would be nice to see someone with a little more fire in the backfield.

Notoriously our 5-7th rounders make for good players. Last couple of years we have scored some real diamonds on the late rounds....this year? IDK. Again we won't really know for a few years if they are going to be productive pros.

I give the Chiefs an B+ overall, with the vast majority of that from selecting Mahomes. We needed a QB, and it took 32 years to go and get one in the first round, but by god this kid has some talent. If he can buck the trend of air-raid QBs not conforming to the NFL game, we could actually be relevant in the passing game again for the first time since Trent Green and **** Vermeil.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted