NH Kestrel magazines

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by BCD 45, Mar 21, 2019.

1. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    Hello guys/gals,

I just acquired a NH Ladyhawk/Kestrel 9mm pistol today. I'm wanting to buy some extra magazines and wanted to ask about the McCormick Range Pro 10 round magazines. Does anyone use these and do they extend out the bottom further than the base pad?

I'm so new to 1911's that I don't want to buy 6 of the wrong mags & be stuck with them. I wouldn't mind the bumper extending below the gun but I don't care about seeing a lot of the magazine sticking out.

What would you guys recommend buying, brand and round count? After running a few hundred FMJ's through it, I'll mostly shoot HP's if that matters, but a moderate amount.

Thank you for your opinions and recommendations.

Jim D

2. Jim w.

Jim w. Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Well, the catalog says "Commander style frame" which means a standard length butt.
    The CMC magazine has a broad base pad/floorplate but only a sliver of tube will show.

3. zChambers

zChambers ........... Supporting Addict

Jan 21, 2015
    Why not just buy one mag and see if you like it? If you REALLY can't stand the way it looks for some reason, you can always sell it on the forum. CMC is a brand that I'm pretty sure everybody here trusts.

4. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    Great idea Mr. Chambers, I just don't want to have to pay a bunch of shipping charges if someone can answer my question. Thank you sir,

Jim D

5. zChambers

zChambers ........... Supporting Addict

Jan 21, 2015
    Honestly don’t know if you’ve done it before or thought about it, but you can scour the sale forums or post a wtb listing. You can scolicit opinions all day long but there is no substitute to actually getting a part in your hand to see if it works for you.

I’ve bought and sold more used items than I can remember and most of the time it’s simply to try something out or use it to practice modifications, blending, etc.

In the past I’ve purchased mags that were known to be unreliable with the express intent to use them to practice immediate action drills. You could potentially do the same if you get a mag you don’t like

ronin11 likes this.
  6. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    Thank you sir, good idea.

Jim D

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted