Nighthawk Counselor - new Cherokee Hills grips

Discussion in 'Photography' started by rblondon, May 22, 2020.

1. rblondon

rblondon Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2018
    DSC_5388_res (2).jpg DSC_5389_res (3).jpg DSC_5390_res (4).jpg ] DSC_5397_res (11).jpg 496199[/ATTACH] DSC_5390_res (4).jpg DSC_5393_res (7).jpg Just took receipt of a pair of gaboon ebony grips from Cherokee Hills Grips and thought I would show them off. Bob's workmanship is excellent, the fit and finish on the Counselor superb - which is a bit tough because the mag well precludes using standard compact office sized grips.

If you have a Counselor, and you want different grips - I'd suggest starting your search with Cherokee Hills. This is my second set, the first are a set of half-checkered riding on a Colt 38 Super - when I decided I wanted something other than the factory grips on the Counselor, I got in touch with Cherokee Hills. The entire transaction was completed by email. I wanted a touch of grippy surface, but not much as the 9mm Counselor doesn't require a lot of finger traction. I found the OEM grips great this winter (and fantastic running them in gloves), but I felt they would be a bit scratchy against bare skin in the coming Kentucky summer humidity.

I'm happy.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2020
    Eric, DRD, Eddie D and 4 others like this.
  2. JM44

JM44 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 2, 2018
    Man those look great!

Mtek likes this.

3. Mtek

Mtek Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2019
    Really nice.

4. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    damn Bob, @Gripwright you've been holding out on me ;)

I have a counselor and could use some incredible new shoes for it, lets talk

Sorry OP, your grips look great :):):):)

0506201430.jpg 1109191314.jpg

Gripwright and Guy Montag like this.
  5. Guy Montag

Guy Montag Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2014
    The Gaboon looks awesome, Bob does a helluva job, congrats!

6. Gripwright

Gripwright Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2016

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted