Nighthawk customer service, A+

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by 7.62Kolectr, Jan 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    The thumb safety on the Nighthawk Bull Commander I got a couple months ago was a bit ‘sticky’. Especially on the upsweep it just wasn’t smooth. When I took it apart I saw there was a dimple on the side that contacts the plunger. Just didn’t seem like it was ‘right’ compared to my other guns. I’m not sure if it was this or something else on the internal surfaces that weren’t correct.
    So I sent an email to them at about 11pm and by 9am the next morning I had a response from them. Answered a couple questions in the link contained within their email and a few minutes later I had a prepaid UPS return label to ship it back to them.
    Also the gun cams with a short trigger in it which made me have to consciously remember to reposition my finger every time. With the short trigger a natural grip of the gun made my finger go in all the way to line first line. With a medium trigger and a natural grip my finger lands perfectly in the middle of first pad.
    Another thing I really didn’t prefer was the Heinie ledge sight. Not every time I drew but sometimes that reverse ledge on the sight would catch on my shirt. Realistically the chances of me having to cock the gun one handed on a surface due to injury or otherwise are far less than the chance of it snagging on the draw.
    So since it was going back for the safety issue I requested to have a solid medium length trigger installed and tuned as well as have the ledge sight replaced with a two dot smooth sight. I’m more used to the two dot rear sight and it doesn’t have the ledge on it so it won’t snag. They fixed the safety, swapped the trigger, tuned it and changed the sight for me. They test fired it and even included the test target for the work. I could have easily changed the parts and as far as the sight goes there’s no problem sighting it in. It was really just that I wanted the new trigger to be installed properly, tuned and checked to be sure all things were safe.
    After completing the ‘warranty claim’ online I called them to arrange and explain the addtl things I mentioned above. The rep that I worked with was as prompt and courteous as one can be.
    Total time from my first email to getting the gun back was less than two weeks.
    Now I like it even more than before.
    Thank you Nighthawk and well done all the way around.

D01178CC-4C00-4582-B363-8A67D38EEF25.jpeg
    20AF4342-61BC-41CD-951F-E011AAB2628B.jpeg

Ps......just a quick question for a mod or admin. Why is there no Nighthawk prefix where the drop down is in the thread title bar?

Attached Files:

2. LPRoad

LPRoad Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 16, 2015
    Good to hear.

3. stlgecko

stlgecko Gecko Lives Matter

May 24, 2014
    Sweet deal. I had a Bull and the short trigger wasn’t ideal for me either.

4. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    Good question.
    @WWB
    @admin
    @Razer

5. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    I have always had great customer service with nighthawk. Glad e worked out !

Stogies likes this.
  6. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    I have nothing but praise for the NH Customer Service..... as well as those who produce their fine products.

Stogies and duketbrd88 like this.
  7. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    bob reeves is probably the best CS rep in the industry. He has been more than helpful to me in the past. he needs a raise and more vacation time for what he does @NHC

8. Greg6640

Greg6640 John 14:6 Supporting Addict

Apr 20, 2015
    I agree, Bob Reeves and Travis Gregory are the best, true gentlemen. I mention Travis because he has and is working on guns screwed up by..... well I will just leave it at that(lgs). The one there presently is getting a recently installed barrel replaced. OUCH!:o.o:
    Live and learn.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    boatdoc and TheCollector like this.
  9. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    AND a better chair!
    [​IMG]

WHEELS, wrmiller, boatdoc and 2 others like this.
  10. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    He was the one who I worked with. Nice and easy it was.

boatdoc likes this.
  11. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    he even went as far as preventing a potential return. I had issues with a 9mm inthe past. he fixed that himself. this time I asked him to instruct the gunsmith building my shadowhawk exactly what he doe sto assure 9mm ejections between 1 and 5 o'clock. only shot 10 rounds to try it out while my hand heals..perfect gun--THANKS Bob

Greg6640 likes this.
  12. Razer

Razer On The Razers Edge Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Jul 1, 2012
    I'll see if we can get that fixed.

7.62Kolectr and WHEELS like this.
  13. Cop_Out

Cop_Out Pearl Pimp Supporting Addict

Feb 3, 2017
    Great group of folks at NHC.

Addicted2gunz likes this.
  14. admin

admin Carlee Admin

Aug 21, 2014
    Should be one now!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted