1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s official boys, finally got my first. I have only been here for like a week, but y’all still helped! I technically ordered a staccato C2 before this one, but this is in my hands first.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

Now I just need a holster. Any suggestions. Particularly with or without light and just a comfortable pancake holster for carry (under a jacket for cold weather). Thanks!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
TT Gunleather. Makes a nice pancake at a reasonable price, AND will make one for carry with a light. Lead time is around 5-6 weeks, which is great for a custom leather holster.

I have several.

ttgunleather.com

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,514 Posts
So wait, the lead time for a Staccato is now longer than a DS NHC?

·
Registered
10,040 Posts
If Nighthawk becomes a serious player in the double-stack area that's would be a game changer.

We need a range report :D

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,514 Posts
If Nighthawk becomes a serious player in the double-stack area that's would be a game changer.

We need a range report :D
Serious player? NHC was a player in DS when Tripp was still with STI when they brought out the FLX in 2009. I wouldn't be surprised if their DS line is outstripping their single-stack in sales by this time.
Hell, I bought my first DS from them over 4 years ago when it was only Falcon and now they have the TRS line- A DS built from the ground up.
So, NHC is and has been a serious player in DS for quite some time.

Reactions: _Dan_

·
Registered
10,040 Posts
Serious player?
I only say that as I think (at least me) Statacco or WC EDC X9 as soon as someone says double stack. I don't automatically think Nighthawk. Maybe it's a price point issue with NH that holds them back in eyes of the consumer.

Do a poll of who owns a DS Staccato, Wilson or Hawk and I'm sure NH would be a far distant 3rd.

Reactions: _Dan_

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,514 Posts
I only say that as I think (at least me) Statacco or WC EDC X9 as soon as someone says double stack. I don't automatically think Nighthawk. Maybe it's a price point issue with NH that holds them back in eyes of the consumer.

Do a poll of who owns a DS Staccato, Wilson or Hawk and I'm sure NH would be a far distant 3rd.
So, you mean like me? I own at least 3 of each to include all different versions of Wilson's EDC line.
Anyone who put Hawk at a distant 3rd would quickly end up as someone who's opinion I wouldn't ask for when it comes to firearms.
Not trying to be a jerk, but after owning 10+ STI/Staccatos; 4 Wilson EDC series (again, from the 3.25 up to the X9L), and 3 NHC DS- I'm fairly certain I have a decent base to judge off of.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
6,514 Posts
Also, OP, sorry for derailing your thread.
You'll quickly come to find that the Delegate Double is a dream shooter.

·
Registered
10,040 Posts
Anyone who put Hawk at a distant 3rd would quickly end up as someone who's opinion I wouldn't ask for when it comes to firearms.
Not trying to be a jerk
well, congratulations, you are a jerk. Don't interact with me anymore

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,598 Posts
Tucker gun leather makes great holsters. I have two. Check them out.

Reactions: generals7

·
Registered
85 Posts
So, you mean like me? I own at least 3 of each to include all different versions of Wilson's EDC line.
Not trying to be a jerk, but after owning 10+ STI/Staccatos; 4 Wilson EDC series (again, from the 3.25 up to the X9L), and 3 NHC DS- I'm fairly certain I have a decent base to judge off of.
Fairly certain he said who owns and not which is best.

In my neck of the woods NH DS are certainly more rare. Never even seen one whereas Staccatos, Wilson EDCs, and NH single stacks are commonly seen in shops and ranges.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Congratulations on your fine and handsome gun!

As for Holsters, there are many options, and the ones I use most and like are:
1. Southern Trapper: excellent quality and looks; expensive and has wait time
2. Hammer Armament; solid OWB and AIWB with couple of week wait time
3. Dara Holsters: I use their L2 for daily carry; simple look but minimal build time

You can look at the Staccato website for options which are typically in stock. I bought my first holsters there because of no wait time and they fit my Atlas perfectly.

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
267 Posts

I think you are correct if looking at quantity. The price point for both Staccato and Wilson’s DS is significantly lower than NHC, which would translate to more folks owning them.

I don’t think you implied that NHC comes in third place given quality. I think quality wise, they are top notch. I think the same applies to Atlas Gunworks. There are far less of them; quality wise they [Atlas for me] are #1 for me among the other guns both of you mentioned.

A long way too saying you are both right; both of you also good guys on the same side. If I am wrong here, maybe you two will agree that I am the reading comprehension jerk here…

25 Posts
That is a sexy beast! In response to the “Jerks” message it reminds of a post I made on a different forum about carrying one of my 1911’s in a polymer world and in a round about way I said “ If you have a 67 GTO, sitting in your driveway (hard or soft top) you really don’t give a rats a$$ what they think about your old car!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts