1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I like the concept. Too bad it costs the same as a trigger job. Although, I suppose it would be faster than sending your gun to a smith.

·
Turgid member
603 Posts
Interesting. I'll be watching this development.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Hmmmm! looks like a modular system
like the Military likes. It is a bit pricey but
that's in the beholders eye.
View attachment 394983
The labor cost on a NH trigger job, if memory serves, is $175...labor only. You have to buy the parts etc,,,sounds pretty close to a wash to me. And sure would make lining all those pin holes up, or I should say eliminate them, easier. I think it's a great idea, but a little less pricey would suit me better LOL

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I am a little skeptical about the drop in part. Time will certainly bear out if this is an outstanding product or not.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Agreed, I got the email and my initial response was to chuckle over the term "drop in", put me on the sceptical side.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If people that don't know what they are doing have to fit there own thumb safety, could be some problems down the road. hope it works out for Nighthawk. Wonder what the trigger will pull will be and feel like.

·
Premium Member
6,294 Posts
If people that don't know what they are doing have to fit there own thumb safety, could be some problems down the road. hope it works out for Nighthawk. Wonder what the trigger will pull will be and feel like.
I have one on the way.... should know the answers in a couple of days.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think your thumb safety either works or it doesn't. Might have to get a new one. They have videos on nighthawks website.

·
The Tinker
4,250 Posts
Subscribed…Don't know if I could give up my smithed triggers
I suspect that most who can do their own, or those who have a good pistolsmith handy will not flock to this. But for those less skilled, this could be a good way to get a decent trigger. Who knows? Time will tell I guess.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts