Nighthawk Enforcer Review by Garand Thumb

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by B81, Nov 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    FWIW, Garand Thumb recently did a review of the Nighthawk Enforcer.

Like most YouTube gun videos, it opens with a minute or two of gratuitous vignettes of him shooting the gun with fast/action themed background music. Then he enumerates the features of the gun.

He basically concludes that the 1911's like the Nighthawk are excellent pistols and are very reliable. However, he doesn't recommend them for duty use because of limited capacity and increased weight relative to a Glock 19/17. He characterized them more as guns for competition and recreation.

I'm not a professional, so I won't weigh in on his comments regarding duty use. But I am curious to know what some of you have to say about it.

boatdoc, xerts1191 and Kip like this.
  2. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    I trust MY 1911.
    Nuff said.

3. sidewaysil80

sidewaysil80 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 29, 2014
    He is (not a fan) 100% right.

For a duty gun the limited capacity, weight, and the complicated maintenance/repair aspect make tupperware guns far more viable for le/mass issue. Not to mention it take an afternoon to become a certfied factory armory on tupperwares so it’s logistically easier in that regard too.

AJP likes this.
  4. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    I can definitely see logistical issues of outfitting an army or large police force with high-end 1911's. But, for small elite teams, the logistical issues are perhaps less of an issue?

If capacity is the only real issue, why not 2011's or other double stack "1911's"? You get the benefits of the 1911-like trigger and the capacity of a Glock.

boatdoc, Stogies and Kip like this.
  5. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013

Is he? Not familiar at all with him.. Halloween was last week not sure why he is still playing dress up.. :p

boatdoc, Kip and PewPewPtwang like this.
  6. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    It's YouTube. Of course he is. :D

boatdoc and Kip like this.
  7. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    I think his mom works two jobs so he can stay home and make videos...but hey,he pays for the cable/internet.:grin:

boatdoc and PewPewPtwang like this.
  8. sidewaysil80

Jan 29, 2014
    There is no benefit to a 1911 trigger over a Glock unless you are talking bullseye shooting. While its better feeling, in dynamic or action shooting you don’t notice it. Same goes for their accuracy.

I love 1911’s and my rail gun is my favorite range toy. But frankly they are outdated in terms of duty use. The last hoorah was the short lived M45 program and those were quickly replaced with Glock’s. For cost vs performance there are far better options.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    azpoolguy and AJP like this.
  9. AJP

AJP Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2017
    I think along with capacity, the weight, simplicity, and cost come into play as well. And the added benefits, if I am completely honest, aren't really necessary in a "fighting" pistol. My plastic pistols are my working guns, and in a defense capacity they do everything my 1911's do. That said, I do enjoy shooting my 1911's more.

sidewaysil80 likes this.
  10. NPV

NPV Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2017
    I’m fairly certain he is USAF Special Operations...

Kip likes this.
  11. sidewaysil80

Jan 29, 2014
    He is a SERE instructor.

Thinking he is an “Operator” is like thinking the people that work at Jiffy Lube are ASE certified mechanics.

(Not saying you were, but pointing it out)

12. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    Salvation Army Spec Ops....
    Need that night vision poking around for matching socks in those stupid bins!!

boatdoc and NPV like this.
  13. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    SERE Instructor?
    Then how come we can see him so easy?

boatdoc likes this.
  14. NPV

NPV Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2017
    For some reason I thought he was a PJ, but that probably makes more sense.

15. sidewaysil80

Jan 29, 2014
    That’s probably his intent.

16. JSGlock34

JSGlock34 Active Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Well he kinda reviewed that too...

17. Jollyroger1

Jollyroger1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Not everyone likes a functional Slide Stop/ Release that is hard to miss...

I like Garand Thumb but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and mine - probably don’t agree with his.

18. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    “I shot 4 thousand rounds without cleaning it. Just added a bit of lube. Without a malfunction.”

“But it’s just not reliable.”

:o.o::o.o::o.o::o.o:

stlgecko, Kip and PewPewPtwang like this.
  19. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    ... or long distance, right?

A lot people like to parrot the 7 yard rule for self defense shooting. Yet, a lot of the police cam footage that's finding it's way into the public domain shows cops having to engage threats at much longer distances with their pistols.

20. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Steve Fisher at Sentinel Concepts has been talking about the close distance “rules”. His classes run out to 25yrds for their standards.

Kip likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted