1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
@NighthawkRep

Do you know if the the new RMR mount and slides will be available in the white for purchase?
For the short future...no. I do believe this may be a possibility mid year however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the short future...no. I do believe this may be a possibility mid year however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. This will be awesome.

I went to shooting a G19 just to get an easier platform to fit an RMR on. Once mounting to 1911s gets sorted out a bit more I believe they will become standard affair on a lot more 1911s.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Reactions: BennyAdeline

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can a slide be sent in for the modification?
This or will the plates be available for sale so local smiths to do the install.
I wonder how the top slide profile would match up on the plate with the non optic cut? That could be modded also though.

I think @Joe C method for install will be great and will be offered to smiths to install in the future.

·
The Tinker
3,581 Posts
That looks familiar. :)

How does the RMR setup work with a can? I've been thinking of threading a 40 S&W barrel for the 2011.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I have two 9mm 1911s with reflex sights on them now. I bought a Kimber KHX OR because it comes milled for plates, from Kimber, and was a little less than a Nighthawk, Wilson or Brown with an RMR. I also just had a Dan Wesson milled to take the Kimber optic plates and it turned out fantastic! STI has several factory guns that come optic ready and there are at least half a dozen gunsmiths who are milling 1911 slides. I can't see open sights clearly anymore and red dots let me shoot up to my potential, as low as it is. I'm going to wind up with an optic on a .45 soon. It won't be long until everyone will be offering this option from the factory in some way, shape or form.
Jeff

·
The Tinker
3,581 Posts
I have two 9mm 1911s with reflex sights on them now. I bought a Kimber KHX OR because it comes milled for plates, from Kimber, and was a little less than a Nighthawk, Wilson or Brown with an RMR. I also just had a Dan Wesson milled to take the Kimber optic plates and it turned out fantastic! STI has several factory guns that come optic ready and there are at least half a dozen gunsmiths who are milling 1911 slides. I can't see open sights clearly anymore and red dots let me shoot up to my potential, as low as it is. I'm going to wind up with an optic on a .45 soon. It won't be long until everyone will be offering this option from the factory in some way, shape or form.
Jeff
It doesn't take a gunsmith to mill a slide for the Trijicon co-witness sights (or any other dot sight mount). Any competent hobby pistolsmith/machinist (me) can do it easily. :)

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Just saw shot show video on the new offering with replaceable plates and it looks good - I’d sure like to see some better pics of the plate, locking screw and pin they mentioned.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Just saw shot show video on the new offering with replaceable plates and it looks good - I’d sure like to see some better pics of the plate, locking screw and pin they mentioned.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I get more excited every time is watch this. It’s so much cleaner then the Trijicon “saddle” and giant rear sight.
I like it. Have you seen all the video on the Aimpoint Acro.
May be a good combo with this IOS system???

Reactions: 45caldude

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
That is a very slick system. Looks like it may prove to be very tough indeed. The Kimber plates are like the Trijicon plate/saddle with a big honking permanently fixed rear sight, except on the Leupold plate that has no rear sight. I like it that the Nighthawk system has a rear sight that is at least windage adjustable and I assume one can mount a fully adjustable Novak cut rear sight. Wonder if they’ll offer this as a gunsmithing option on other brands of slides?
Jeff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts