Nighthawk RMR Mount

Discussion in '1911 Gunsmithing' started by azpoolguy, Jan 23, 2019.

1. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    @NighthawkRep

Do you know if the the new RMR mount and slides will be available in the white for purchase?

2. NighthawkRep

NighthawkRep Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2015
    For the short future...no. I do believe this may be a possibility mid year however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. azpoolguy

Jul 4, 2013
    Thanks. This will be awesome.

I went to shooting a G19 just to get an easier platform to fit an RMR on. Once mounting to 1911s gets sorted out a bit more I believe they will become standard affair on a lot more 1911s.

4. Jollyroger1

Jollyroger1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Can a slide be sent in for the modification?

5. Whiten

Whiten Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2017
    This or will the plates be available for sale so local smiths to do the install.

BennyAdeline likes this.
  6. azpoolguy

Jul 4, 2013
    I wonder how the top slide profile would match up on the plate with the non optic cut? That could be modded also though.

I think @Joe C method for install will be great and will be offered to smiths to install in the future.

Kip, cwoods and Joe C like this.
  7. aegiswa

aegiswa Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2016
    61B157BD-CAA9-4457-9E4F-23F2C78175A0.jpeg F4CB6410-C02A-415F-A083-D4A185229407.jpeg Here is mine after a trip to NHC for the RMR mount.

Stk218, wrmiller, Kip and 1 other person like this.
  8. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    That looks familiar. :)

How does the RMR setup work with a can? I've been thinking of threading a 40 S&W barrel for the 2011.

9. aegiswa

Feb 2, 2016
    It works great :) my POA is just on top of it.

wrmiller likes this.
  10. JNW

JNW Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    I have two 9mm 1911s with reflex sights on them now. I bought a Kimber KHX OR because it comes milled for plates, from Kimber, and was a little less than a Nighthawk, Wilson or Brown with an RMR. I also just had a Dan Wesson milled to take the Kimber optic plates and it turned out fantastic! STI has several factory guns that come optic ready and there are at least half a dozen gunsmiths who are milling 1911 slides. I can't see open sights clearly anymore and red dots let me shoot up to my potential, as low as it is. I'm going to wind up with an optic on a .45 soon. It won't be long until everyone will be offering this option from the factory in some way, shape or form.
    Jeff

azpoolguy and wrmiller like this.
  11. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    It doesn't take a gunsmith to mill a slide for the Trijicon co-witness sights (or any other dot sight mount). Any competent hobby pistolsmith/machinist (me) can do it easily. :)

12. theJanitor

theJanitor Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2014
    I have the old mount like aegiswa, installed by NH. But this new design looks super

13. aegiswa

Feb 2, 2016
    Just saw shot show video on the new offering with replaceable plates and it looks good - I’d sure like to see some better pics of the plate, locking screw and pin they mentioned.

14. Jollyroger1

Sep 19, 2015

JNW, aegiswa, khend1 and 1 other person like this.
  15. azpoolguy

Jul 4, 2013
    I get more excited every time is watch this. It’s so much cleaner then the Trijicon “saddle” and giant rear sight.

Stk218 and Jollyroger1 like this.
  16. Jollyroger1

Sep 19, 2015
    I like it. Have you seen all the video on the Aimpoint Acro.
    May be a good combo with this IOS system???

45caldude likes this.
  17. aegiswa

Feb 2, 2016
    Thanks I had not seen that - sure wish I would have seen that before Bob sent me back my T3 in Dec ... I think I would have sprung for that ;)

18. JNW

JNW Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    That is a very slick system. Looks like it may prove to be very tough indeed. The Kimber plates are like the Trijicon plate/saddle with a big honking permanently fixed rear sight, except on the Leupold plate that has no rear sight. I like it that the Nighthawk system has a rear sight that is at least windage adjustable and I assume one can mount a fully adjustable Novak cut rear sight. Wonder if they’ll offer this as a gunsmithing option on other brands of slides?
    Jeff

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted