1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to start off by saying, so far, I really like this forum. Seems to be a bunch of great followers here who all get along well together.

So, after my PP is obtained, my first 1911 will most likely be a DW Virgil commander, in 45.

My 2nd will be my nighttime defender. I'd like to know what everyone's opinions or personal favorites are for their nightstand companion. Makes, models, calibers, and light choices (as well as sights), are all welcome.

Pics are welcome .....especially those set up bedside in their "sleeping" holds. Holster and belts hanging of the bedpost, or drawer stashes ..... what ever the case maybe.

I was always taught to be prepared.
Sage

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, since I don’t have a 1911 with a rail, my bedside gun is a Glock 17 with a Surefire 300 loaded with Hornady Critical Defense.
It’s not my first choice, but I don’t feel undergunned either.
All bedside protectors welcomed. Even though I am not a Glock fanboy I do not shun them.

·
What me worry ?
11,695 Posts
I'd like to start off by saying, so far, I really like this forum. Seems to be a bunch of great followers here who all get along well together.

So, after my PP is obtained, my first 1911 will most likely be a DW Virgil commander, in 45.

My 2nd will be my nighttime defender. I'd like to know what everyone's opinions or personal favorites are for their nightstand companion. Makes, models, calibers, and light choices (as well as sights), are all welcome.

Pics are welcome .....especially those set up bedside in their "sleeping" holds. Holster and belts hanging of the bedpost, or drawer stashes ..... what ever the case maybe.

I was always taught to be prepared.
Sage
To all Docs , please help old sagebrush, he’s having trouble with his
PP . :roflmaro::roflmaro:

·
Registered
843 Posts
There is no correct answer to this question. I usually have immediately available a high capacity 9mm with laser/light, along with a SIG PCC and/or a SCAR. (and hand-held night vision for scanning parameter). But I live in the country, so I have a variety issues (encounters) city folks might not encounter.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'm a 9mm guy for carry, but for home defense I recommend an H&K Mark 23 with a suppressor and WML. 13 rounds of HST .45 ACP out of a super reliable gun. Best of all possible worlds.
Jeff

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,905 Posts
All bedside protectors welcomed. Even though I am not a Glock fanboy I do not shun them.
I'm no Glock fanboy either but my primary issue with them is the grip, nevermind the fact they are also soulless, unlike a 1911, but there's no denying they work. I just can't stand that goiter on the back of the grip, Glocks don't point naturally for me because of it. I've tried several but the only one I've kept is this tricked out G21 that I got from a forum member, the recontoured grip is close the same angle as a 1911 and it points well for me. It's the only handgun I have with a rail so it does house gun duty with a Streamlight TLR-1 on it, it's loaded with Federal Hi-Shok 230gr JHP.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To all Docs , please help old sagebrush, he’s having trouble with his
PP . :roflmaro::roflmaro:
I know your type. Wise guy! ;)
Yunck, yunck, yunck,..... it's all good. I have thick skin.
There is no correct answer to this question. I usually have immediately available a high capacity 9mm with laser/light, along with a SIG PCC and/or a SCAR. (and hand-held night vision for scanning parameter). But I live in the country, so I have a variety issues (encounters) city folks might not encounter.
I live in rural land myself. Never urban again. Ever.
Currently have an M1A Scout tucked away bedside and an M1 in the living room. I wish I could have a SCAR. Not compliant here. As illegal as the legislation is ......
Also... PP obtained?:eek:.o:
Pistol Permit

·
Registered
834 Posts
I don't want to leave any kind of shotgun or pistol out of the safe when the house is home alone.
My mood dictates my EDC and what ever it is that is my nightstand pistol while I'm home. (I don't change that often) Kimber Super Carry Ultra Plus in .45acp with TLR-2 G.
0220201215.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Current nightstand occupier CZ P07 and Sure Fire Stiletto Pro...long guns are gonna require a bit of a walk but close enough if need be. Hopefully I never encounter a problem in the house that would require more than 31 147 Grain Gold Dots a sleeping Beagle and a damn friendly Corgi.
IMG_20200220_1639166.jpg

IMG_20200209_1158360.jpg

1 - 20 of 41 Posts