** No Longer For Sale** Les Baer UTC, 1.5" Accuracy Guarantee, No FCS, Semi-Naked Slide

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by SLAM37, May 20, 2019.

1. SLAM37

SLAM37 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2016
    **No Longer For Sale** Mods -- Please Move to SOLD/EXPIRED Section

Les Baer UTC, .45 ACP, 1.5" accuracy guarantee, no FCS. This was a custom order pistol from the factory that arrived in October 2018. I specified the following options:

1) 1.5 inch accuracy guarantee at 50 yards
    2) No front serrations
    3) Semi-naked slide (has “Baer Custom” logo on right side, no “45 ACP” markings on left)
    4) All black rear sight, tritium front sight

This pistol is 100% stock condition and has been fired 600 times with Winchester 230 grain FMJ. 595 of those rounds were fired using a Wilson 47 magazine and they fed/fired perfectly. Five rounds were fired from one of the three supplied Baer magazines early on and it produced a single failure to feed (hung up on ramp) so I stayed with the Wilson magazine.

This piece has only slight wear marks on the outside of the barrel due to the bushing lock-up, a slight amount of wear beneath the slide stop where it interacts with the frame (not visible when assembled – there is no “assembly scratch”), some wear on the face of the recoil spring plug from disassembly (using a synthetic bushing wrench) and some brass kisses above the ejection port. Slide bluing has a very slight plum hue depending on the light, like Baers often do – overall the pistol looks gorgeous.

I have pampered it over the break-in period -- never holstered, and never used for drills/training that could cause damage to the pistol’s finish. It has never been disassembled past the basic field strip for cleaning, and has never been modified in any way. Trigger is very nice, the thumb safety is breaking in (was very firm at first, but is easing up nicely with use). Checkering is straight with nicely uniform terminations on the frame.

The pistol is NOT ridiculously tight like you hear about with some Baers – it is tight, but very pleasant to work with and easy to disassemble. It does require a bushing wrench, but goes easy. It is just as easy to disassemble as my SACS Custom Carry.

Note: The one Baer magazine and one Wilson 47 magazine that I have used with the pistol seat fine, but a few other Wilsons I have tried (ETM HD +P) with extended baseplates will not completely seat in the pistol. The front strap cutout may be a bit shallow for some base pads. I was going to have a smith look at this but decided not to mess with it.

The pistol ships with the Wilson magazine I used for the break-in as well as the three supplied Baer magazines, test target, 1.5” certificate and everything else that came with the pistol originally to include the lovely cardboard box.

Asking $1925 shipped for the pistol. Pistol will come to you clean, lubed and ready to shoot. No inspection period or returns please. For payment, I will accept USPS Money Order or personal check from a Supporting Addict with good feedback. Pistol ships no later than two business days to your FFL after payment clears.

My turn for a custom build is coming up and I could use a good base gun, so I would be interested in unmolested Series 70 Colt Government models (9mm or .45) in pristine condition with fixed sights in trade. Wiley Clapp Government models in the same condition would be OK too. If you have something else interesting (non-plastic) it never hurts to ask so hit me up.

My apologies for the lint on the following pics ...

Baer1.jpg
    Baer2.jpg
    baer3.jpg
    Baer5.jpg
    Baer4.jpg
    Baer6.jpg
    Baer7.jpg
    Baer10.jpg

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  2. DHBWA

DHBWA Active Member

Mar 22, 2015
    SWEET!!

SLAM37 likes this.

3. ripdog28

ripdog28 Fondle his Baer

Nov 8, 2012
    Beautiful gat. The base pad hitting the cutout is a common problem with LB and Poly basepads. I had to trim all of my Tripp and Wilson mags.

SLAM37 likes this.
  4. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    That SHOULDNT be an issue, BUT...
    Get Les to try to hear that and get back with me. :rolleyes:

ripdog28 and SLAM37 like this.
  5. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    She’s a beauty!

Should move quickly!!

SLAM37 likes this.
  6. Cop_Out

Cop_Out Pearl Pimp Supporting Addict

Feb 3, 2017
    That is traditionalist's perfect LB. Absolutely gorgeous.

7. chef208

chef208 Member

Oct 20, 2018
    PM sent

UBOATDOC likes this.
  8. SLAM37

SLAM37 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2016
  9. SLAM37

SLAM37 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2016
    No longer for sale -- market is just way too soft right now.

Thanks for the consideration everybody!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted