1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
chicken wings
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Way back when I was a wee new 1911 addict I saw an add for Christensen Arms 1911s and thought they were the ish. Now, as a matured addict, I never see them on here. What is the consensus on them?

·
Registered
176 Posts
The only place I've seen Christiansen Arms is on Europtic and only long guns. Looks to be good quality and quite pricy too!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
I played around with one, not on par with anything in the 2k+ range but if I remember correctly they weren't asking much for them.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I always thought Christensen 1911s were one of the earliest titanium 1911s which made them sort of boutiquish and expensive. I have handled a couple and IMO fit and finish is on par with many semi/customs. Never shot one. The ones I’ve seen were in the $3-$4k price range. They are known more for their accurate rifles.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I always thought Christensen 1911s were one of the earliest titanium 1911s which made them sort of boutiquish and expensive. I have handled a couple and IMO fit and finish is on par with many semi/customs. Never shot one. The ones I’ve seen were in the $3-$4k price range. They are known more for their accurate rifles.
That's their more recent line. When they first hit the scene they had a standard $1,700 1911 that was more in line with a typical Sig or Ruger in terms of fit and finish.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Feel like that’s a big gap between Sig or Ruger 1911s.
Price wise, sure, but notice I said fit and finish? The $1,700 Christensen's were overpriced in my opinion. The fit was sloppy like a Colt, rattled the same when you shake it. The finish was delicate like a Kimber Eclipse. The slide needed to be dehorned in the worst way.

The comparison to Ruger and Sig wasn't really being fair to Ruger and Sig, their 1911's are fine. When I played around with that Christensen it kinda felt like ATI tried to make a premium 1911.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm not familiar with their 1911s, but in the bolt-action world they've got a reputation for being over-priced, sloppy in their craftsmanship, and unable to meet their accuracy guarantees.

They got a cool website though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts