1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only been a member for about 2 years now, and maybe I am not looking or have just missed the posts, but I don’t see any threads, to include the Classifieds, with any posts about the Sig 1911s. Is the Sig 1911 line lacking in quality/dependability or are they just not as popular? I am by no means a Sig Fanboy, but I do like the quality and dependability of their P Series guns (I carried a P229 in 357 Sig for over 20 years of my LEO career). I know there are some design elements of the slides that make them non compatible with most standard 1911 holsters, but other than that, are there any reasons to avoid the Sig 1911s?
I have found a discontinued model that is NIB that I am interested in. I almost purchased one when they were in production, but for some reason, never did. It is the Nightmare Carry, chambered in 357 Sig, which intrigues me, plus I have quite a decent stockpile of ammo for it. If I were to go with a Sig 1911, would it be best to stick with 9mm or 45? Any thoughts, opinions, or personal experience would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They do come through the classifieds, a special edition one was posted recently but didn't sell.
I can’t believe I missed that when it was up for sale. I checked the expired ads and found it.

·
Premium Member
5,436 Posts
I loved my Sig 4.25" carry stainless.
Very tight. Accurate. Ate everything I fed it.
In fact it started my love of all things Sig...
My cousin owns it now and says he won't ever part with it...

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,480 Posts
I’ve only shot one Sig 1911 and it was delightful . I don’t know why they don’t get more cred. The one I shot belonged to a friend. I’m not sure, but I think it had an external extractor which can be a turn off to hard core enthusiasts . I’m over that part of the addiction . If they shoot well , that’s all I care about.

·
Premium Member
26,525 Posts
I had one of the very early, reverse two tone Sigs, with the trash can lid.
It shot great, but at the time, no holsters were available. Sold it and bought a Baer

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I own a Sig stainless elite in 40s&w. When ammo was hard to get and 10mm brass was out of stock...I can reload 40s.

adjustable rear sight too. Bought new old stock for like $800. Great gun for bowling pins too. The trigger isn’t like my other 1911s but that’s fixable.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had a Sig 1911 Scorpion Commander that I liked quite a bit. Aesthetically it was my favorite I had for a while but I had a bevy of issues with it. Failure to feed and failure to eject most commonly. The extractor would rip apart my brass which I later solved on my own. The only other thing I didn't like about it was that it was a series 80. All that being said, I kinda miss it.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I have shot one at the range and it was a very nice 1911. It just doesn’t pop up on my radar when looking for another 1911. It’s mostly desiring a Colt or an Alchemy now :). But I think they are very nice 1911s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I purchased a never fired full size Nightmare in 357 sig earlier this year. I have put 200 rounds through it and am extremely happy with its accuracy. One of the magazines it came with is rubbish. Besides the magazine issue the gun is flawless, well balanced, tight, and has great fit and finish. I like the sig and have 2 others but my DW PM45 is a better gun. IMHO.

·
Registered
48 Posts
"Trash Can Lid" and "Manhole Cover" ??
Can someone explain to me what these are? Never seen a Sig 1911.

·
Denizen
82 Posts
Both of my Sig 1911s have been quite impressive. They are tight and well-fitted (for production guns), they have good, crisp triggers and they have eaten everything I've fed them without issue. In fact, I think Sig's 1911s are really 'sleepers' in their lineup that get over-shadowed by their P-series guns, and don't get the attention they deserve.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I used to own a Sig TTT (triple T) in 45ACP, 2-tone like this one. Bar-dot night sights worked well. My father-in-law loved the color scheme and just had to have it so I sold it to him. Hard to find holsters for the non traditional 1911 slide tops but it was just a range gun anyway. Performed well. Hit where aimed (adjustable elevation rear sight). Trigger was decent but could easily use some refinement. I own plenty of Sig P22x variants over the years and still have a few. I do like the Sig match elite stainless in 40s&w (as mentioned in post above) as a "filler" caliber when in a pinch.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my Sig Ultra Compact. Is that enough love for ya? LOL
It is perfection. There is nothing I would change about the gun. It was a limited production model with ambi safety, snake scale G10 grips, extended magwell, and tritium night sights. It's the sexiest pistol I own.
What is really strange to me is that I have a RIA compact that is the same size, but has a steel frame and is significantly heavier than the aluminum framed Sig. Yet the Sig has less perceived recoil than the Rock. It is amazingly comfortable to shoot for such a small 45. Really quick to change targets on the plate racks, it practically aims itself, LOL.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts