close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

No Name vs CQB

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by carguy2244, Aug 21, 2011.

1. carguy2244

carguy2244 Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Today, courtesy of Brandon (thank you), and Dave (thank you), I'm going to be shooting a No Name and a CQB. They've been good enough to arrange this so I can compare the two weapons. Assuming the No Name performs up to my expectations, and the reviews of many here, Dave and I will finish our first deal tomorrow, and this week (hopefully not later than Wednesday) I'll be shooting my new railed Guncrafter No Name. While I'm not a 1911 expert, I'll be able to appreciate the superior build quality of my new 1911 by it's function, fit, and sharp looks.Pretty excited - update later. I guess I'll need my own wood pile.

2. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    You're gonna love both. I own both and would give the edge to the No Name.

3. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I have shot Quack's Wilson (Longslide) and Lawdog's NN and if I were plunking down my money, I would go with the Guncrafter. You win either way. Congrats bro. Post up pics when you get it. :thumb:

4. djackson

djackson Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Ive never had the chance to shoot or handle a NN, but my CQB is a nice piece

5. drcfirearms

drcfirearms Forum Sponsor Sponsor

Aug 16, 2011
    I own both......and it should not surprise anybody that I would go with the No Name every time. The CQB is nice, but it is more or less an entry level Wilson. The No Name just feels and shoots better for me. Let us know what you think after the range session, Mike......looking forward to it. And "thanks" to Brandon for agreeing to offer up his pistols for a side by side test. Next time you are in the Nashvegas area, I owe you a beer or ten.....:grin:

6. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    What is GI's CS like? I have heard nothing bad about their guns whatsoever, but i would take CS into account as well.

7. carguy2244

carguy2244 Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Countdown

T minus 2 hours 23 minutes

8. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    take pics

9. drcfirearms

Aug 16, 2011
    Wilson-like...... Although I have never had a customer that has tested it out too much. Alex takes great pride in his product and his reputation....

10. drcfirearms

Aug 16, 2011
    Agreed.....get some pictures.

11. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Agreed. I sold my CQB after buying my No Name. I personally think the No Name is the best bang for the buck in the 1911 world. There is so much attention to detail, it has been 100% reliable, has the nicest trigger of all my 1911s, and is very accurate.

12. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Wow you guys definitely speak very high of them! I will have to shoot someone's soon and check out the hype!

13. Glock2740

Aug 16, 2011
    You won't go wrong with a Guncrafter of any type.

14. Blayglock

Aug 18, 2011
    If you ever get by the Pittsburgh area you are certainly welcome to shoot mine. I may have to pry it out of your hands with a crowbar afterwards though.

15. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I was just checking out there site( it's not the first time, but never really looked that much before) and it doesnt look like you can customize their guns much of any! Not like that is a huge issue, but that puts getting one a little farther down the list for me. I really want to get a custom made in 9mm. Right now its between WC, SACS, and NH or 2011 and get it worked over by a smith yet to be named-or both- That's most likely what this Nastoff is going to go on the chopping block for.

16. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I sent you a pm about this weekend, did you receive it? Im in the pitt area all the time shooting!!

17. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    I'll be out that again tomorrow. I was actually in Johnstown on friday.

18. Blayglock

Aug 18, 2011
    Ha I just noticed it. I guess I will go read it.

Feel free to give me a holler if you come through! Ill PM you with me cell info.

19. Glock2740

Aug 16, 2011
    Well, I doubt you'll get a customized 9mm out of Alex, but, if that's what you're wanting, you won't go wrong with WC or SACS. :thumb:

20. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the comparison. I like my "No Name," and ordered it without ever handling one. I'm glad I did, and would recommend it without hesitation.

Andy

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted