1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gun Brown Firearm Trigger Black
Brown Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory
Took my govt model in 45acp to the range this morning . It doesn't get as much range time as the others but does get shot. I tried something a little different as I shot at 35’ using the front sight only and was firing pretty rapidly. I saved the center of the second target and used both sights
I shot 50 rounds of s&b 230 gr first then 50 of HST jhp 230 gr after . I havent shot in a while but it showed me in a panic situation just using the front sight works fine. But using both sights does improve my shooting
Font Pattern Symbol Advertising Emblem
Games Rectangle Square Symbol Number

·
Max Otto von Stierlitz
2,638 Posts
Good observation / comments. Not being a “competitive shooter” myself, I throughly understand your comments. The older I get, with the aging effects on eyesight, reaction times, etc. etc., the more I appreciate target hits which would induce a ‘bad guy’ to immediately change his behavior. It is, after all, why I carry for self-defense.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I see I do tend to shoot high using just the front. Maybe that is to be expected ?
Yes. If you're just using the front sight, then you must be looking over the rear sight. This pitches the gun upward.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.