NO-OX

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pat-inCO, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Pat-inCO

Pat-inCO Olde Fart

Nov 7, 2011
    Back in another lifetime, I was having problems with battery connections on my '69 Ford Bronco (I said another lifetime). One of the guys that was working at the same service station (on weekends, for additional income, like me) said to try some NO-OX on the connections. He had a little in his trunk and handed it to me. I was skeptical, but tried it anyway. - - THREE YEARS later, when I traded in the Bronco, there STILL was zero corrosion on the battery posts and the battery was in perfect condition.

Well . . . . . fast forward to today. I FINALLY located a place with NO-OX. Got it in, delivered to my door by ups, for $12.97.

Still looks like wheel bearing grease, but works perfectly!

If anyone is having problems with corrosion on their car batteries, give it a try.
    (Google search for - NO-OX-ID "A Special" - will find sources AND a writeup on uses)

NO I do not get anything for this. I just happen to like things that work. :thumb:

2. Mechanized

Mechanized He's a large "member" Supporting Addict

Sep 24, 2011
    Anything that prevents oxygen from getting to a battery terminal will have the same effect. Our shop uses a skim coat of moly grease and it works great. Another great product for those home guys is Kroil oil.

3. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    I've used spray lithium grease for years. Will have to look into NO-OX

4. Pat-inCO

Pat-inCO Olde Fart

Nov 7, 2011
    I really like it. When I used it the first time, the only change in the battery clamp/terminal in three years was a a slight coat of dust (kind of a DUH! huh?). :grin:

There was one thing I really disliked this time, all of the electronics in the car had to be reset, just like I had changed the battery (another well duh- :rolleyes2: - ).

:grin:

5. cdunn

cdunn Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Nov 20, 2011
    I use that stuff at work pretty often.(electrician)

6. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    I use it for work quite often as well

7. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    You can also get some spray stuff at an autoparts store that works well too. Use the terminal cleaner first

8. soylent green

soylent green people eater

Nov 17, 2011
    No-ox is a commonly used electrician product. We use it to terminate aluminum conductors to dis-similar metal lugs. You can find it at most electrical supply stores or the electrical section at Home Depot or Lowes.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  9. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Cool,......may have to look for some!

10. Pat-inCO

Pat-inCO Olde Fart

Nov 7, 2011
    I didn't remember seeing it at either HD or Lowes so I looked it up on-line. Neither one carries it.

I found it on-line somewhere back east.

Like I said, search for "NO-OX-ID A Special" and you will find it.

P.S. I also tried Ace and True Value, neither of them had it.

11. cdunn

cdunn Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Nov 20, 2011
    look for deox

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted