1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to send a sig 228 back for reassembly after I detail striped the 228 for cleaning. Same with a Ruger Mk 1 Target, and a Star BM, S&W 39 series, and probably others. I'm not exactly a klutz with using my hands but without a third hand some things just don't want to back to where they were.

Sloshing around in varsol, naptha, diesel, keorsene, etc at home just isn't going to happen. Without any access to a Safety Clean parts wash and compressed air, how do you folks get the itty bitty gritty stuff out of the nooks and crannys of your non 1911 Pattern gats?

Thanks

·
Registered
619 Posts
i just don't clean. seriously, i haven't detail stripped a pistol in 15 years. BUT, if you get pressurized cleaner for Nitro R/C cars, it works great on guns. It's just pressurized denatured alcohol. That stuff just blows grime away.

If you've ever been around 2 stroke, nitro R/C cars, you know that they get 100x more filthy can a pistol ever could

·
Angry Infidel
509 Posts
Ugh, Ruger Mk 1. The 22/45 is almost as bad. Prolly wouldn't have tore it down if a neighbor hadn't tried shooting snake shells in it.
:bang:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts