1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if I'm clinically depressed because of all the rain and gray skies we've had in Kentucky for the last MONTH or if I've finally bought enough guns that the novelty is wearing off, but I really don't know what I want to buy next. I love sub guns, German guns, Swedish guns, Belgium guns, etc but there's just nothing out there I don't own that has me lusting at the moment.

Other than the obvious choice (another 1911, LoL) what can you guys think of that's lust worthy or a staple of a collection that is a must have?

·
Registered
68 Posts
How about a CZ (452/455/457)? Put yourself on the search for one with lottery winning wood, whichever version you like. Sub $500 in most cases, you might just end up with more than one. Either that or a can, or a new rifle and a new can.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Was struggling with this very thing myself recently. Considered an H&K HK45 LEM, a Ruger GP 100 or .22 auto, or a .22 conversion for one of my other pistols. Nothing was really "tripping my trigger", so I finally decided the best idea was a bunch of ammo, reloading components, and some good training classes, focus on getting really good with what I have. That said, I'm definitely a shooter rather than a collector, so I don't tend to buy just to have something, it really needs a purpose other than dust collector ;). Later.

Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm clinically depressed because of all the rain and gray skies we've had in Kentucky for the last MONTH or if I've finally bought enough guns that the novelty is wearing off, but I really don't know what I want to buy next. I love sub guns, German guns, Swedish guns, Belgium guns, etc but there's just nothing out there I don't own that has me lusting at the moment.

Other than the obvious choice (another 1911, LoL) what can you guys think of that's lust worthy or a staple of a collection that is a must have?

I would think that a Dornaus and Dixon Bren Ten or their Marksman Special would be a nice addition

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How about a CZ (452/455/457)? Put yourself on the search for one with lottery winning wood, whichever version you like. Sub $500 in most cases, you might just end up with more than one. Either that or a can, or a new rifle and a new can.
That's a good thought. I'd like to either build my son a good trainer or build him a super light 10/22 with carbon tension barrel, etc so he can shoot it off hand.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would think that a Dornaus and Dixon Bren Ten or their Marksman Special would be a nice addition
Agreed, but those are probably out of the wheelhouse of what I'd be willing to drop on one. They're really cool, but just not something that gets me going enough to drop the kind of coin my brief search says they bring.

·
Deo Volente
7,127 Posts

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Gets you one of these to impress your range buddies.

COP #1.jpg

COP #2.jpg

COP #3.jpg

COP #4.jpg

COP #5.jpg

1 - 20 of 44 Posts