Note to Guy Conceal Carrying in Grocery Store..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Carolinaboy, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Carolinaboy

Carolinaboy Aim Small Miss Small Supporting Addict

Sep 17, 2011
    Don't wear tiny fitted polo shirt and think you can conceal a little Bersa .380 :lol:

I blatantly saw his gun printing and flashed it about 3 times in the 30secs I was walking behind him. Imagine if some crazy liberal saw that :biggrin1:

2. longhair

longhair New Member

Aug 23, 2011
    :grin:I did, but I saw it was a .380 and I knew no one could get hurt.

3. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
  4. Samcro

Samcro US Army Retired 1911 Supporting Addict

Nov 19, 2011
  5. drcfirearms

drcfirearms Forum Sponsor

Aug 16, 2011
    And a Bersa only has a 50/50 chance of going bang.....:biggrin1:

6. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1 Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2011
    Sad to say I have seen the same thing. Sometimes I think a CCW Course should cover, no pun intended, how to carry conceal. Some don't seem to have a clue or they have an exhibition problem.

7. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
    Agreed

8. drcfirearms

drcfirearms Forum Sponsor

Aug 16, 2011
    Not all states require the weapon be concealed. Tennessee does not have Concealed Carry.....we have an HCP (Handgun Carry Permit) which allows up to carry a handgun.....open, concealed, printing, ect. Makes things all simple like.......:thumb:

9. Pat-inCO

Pat-inCO Olde Fart

Nov 7, 2011
    [​IMG]

EXCEPT for the stampede of liberals leaving the store. :rolleyes2:

10. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Indeed... Make for better shopping after the hoard storms out.. lol.. Ron

11. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
    :lol: Yeah we have a CWP here in SC.

I'm don't mind printing, but flashing a gun is another thing

12. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    That's the truth. I own a retail store and have "noticed" several people carrying less than concealed. When I took my course, holsters and belts were barely touched on. And no one told us about the drawer full of holsters that didn't make the cut we'd end up with. I have a buddy who carries his four digit 1911 in a $20 Uncle Mike's. He claims it "works for him," but I've bought (and upgraded from) a couple of cheap nylons, and the difference is night and day.

13. bw210

bw210 Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Same here in Indiana... LTCH (license to carry handgun). Carry how you like. The only thing better is that we also have "lifetime" permits, no reapplication fees every four years anymore.

14. ajstrider

ajstrider Active Member

Sep 15, 2011
    And some states absolutely require it to be concealed, like Connecticut for example. If a police officer sees your pistol, you are in violation of the law, even with their permit.

15. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Saw a cop that was trying to conceal his G19 in a Blackhawk Serpa OWB holster. That thing could've been seen a mile away.

16. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    Did you let him know? (The Bersa guy, that is.)

I ask because I hear a lot of concealed carry folks remark, "I carry all the time in [insert said outfit] and I've never been spotted." But then they go post about how they saw someone else carrying concealed and they didn't tell them. So it's a reasonable assumption that the guys who think they've never been spotted printing have in fact been doing so, but no one told them.

I dress around the gun, like most prudent folks do. Loose-fitting polo and jeans are my standard dress, for the Glock 17 and spare magazine.

Andy

17. billiardcue

billiardcue Cue Connoisseur

Sep 9, 2011
    I play pool two nights a week in front of a room full of people, pool playing requires bending your body 90* at the waist. No one has ever mentioned noticing I was carrying, The one person I told was surprised.

I normally carry the Kimber Pro Carry in the Milt Sparks holster but have carried all four 1911s in all of the four holsters pictured - Brommeland 3", Brommeland 5". Milt Sparks 4" and Phalanx.

I remove the mag well from the 1991A1 if I carry it concealed and don't use magazines with base pads.

gary brommeland 5.jpg

milt sparks 4.jpg

1911-3 2 f.jpg

1911-5 1 f.jpg

phalanx 4.jpg

18. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I use this most of the time as I can't carry during work. Take that back I don't need to on constructioin sites. On the way home or going to the office and picking stuff up at Lowes, Home Depot, or various lumber companies I can just slip it on and off. Bending over and helping on the job ALL holsters print. Not good. Nobody would really care and being a super I don't have to work all the time but like to jump in and help some.
    [​IMG]
    Use this on weekends or out with the old squaw shopping.
    [​IMG]

19. billiardcue

billiardcue Cue Connoisseur

Sep 9, 2011
    A good IWB holster like the Brommeland Max-Con V or the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 worn on the side (3 o'clock) with a fairly loose shirt do not print when you bend forward at the waist.

20. rukwikenuf

rukwikenuf Member

Oct 16, 2011
    that's one of the nice things about Minnesota. this place is full of bleeding heart liberals, however, we have Carry Permits. IWB, OWB, Remington 870 in a shoulder scabbard, you name it! there's a gathering of disturbed individuals in St Paul that we refferr to as the "Blatant Open Carry Breakfast". one of the regulars has a rig he made from some leather and kydex to mount his AR15 "pistol" on his thigh. 30 round mag, cocked and locked, on his leg.

i carry my 1911 open quite frequently. i have an OWB holster, and if its too awkward to have it tucked behind a flannel, i show it off to everyone! that's why i'm at a loss for the whole BBQ guns thing, i show mine off EVERY DAMN DAY!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted