Notre Dame Catheral Fire

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scaramouche, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Whatever you think of the French is besides the point, this fire represents to France what a fire at Independence Hall in Philadelphia would represent to Americans. This Cathedral has stood on the site from 1165 or there about. It makes me sick. I just heard a spire that stood since the 12th century has been lost.
    Heartbreaking.

fire-notre-dame-e1555350009205.jpg

2. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011

3. SRTCOP

SRTCOP Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2018
    My wife and I were just there last October. It makes me sick, too.

4. bobo3020

bobo3020 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Very sad. We’ve been watching all day.

5. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    That’s crazy.

A45GUNNER and ImperialBlade like this.
  6. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    Gothic masterpiece gone.
    Very bad deal.

7. Fred_G

Fred_G Known Agitator

Dec 29, 2015
    Very sad loss of World History. At least there were not a lot of people inside, seems to be no deaths reported so far. I hope the firemen stay safe.

A45GUNNER, ImperialBlade and isialk like this.
  8. DukeSoprano

DukeSoprano Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Jan 17, 2013
    I just heard a lot of statues had been removed for cleaning

ImperialBlade likes this.
  9. removed

removed Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2015
    It looks like at worst, the entire cathedral will be lost. At "best" the front facing stone facade will remain. One has to remember all the national and religious treasure that will surely be lost, including the "Crown of Thorns" that is on display Easter Sunday.

I "hope" this was accidental, as the cathedral has been under renovations as you can see from the scaffolding outside of the structure.

However, I am not so optimistic. In recent years ISIS / ISIL / IS / Muslim Militants have targeted the Notre Dame cathedral. I have a bad feeling they finally succeeded in destroying it. If that is the case, then more destruction will come to France and London as you will see a more modern version of the "Crusades" unfold in our lifetime.

10. HOTCHKIS

HOTCHKIS NRA Life Member

Apr 21, 2013
    what ashame!

ImperialBlade likes this.
  11. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    I to am saddened by the loss of this historical structure.
    For now I’m containing my anger untill the facts are reveled .

12. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    It’s a terrible loss for all of us regardless. I know a lot of water has gone under the bridge historically, but without the help of the French, our revolution would likely have been lost and our great nation would have ended before it began. Today I feel badly for the people of France but believe they will move forward. It’s really the only way any of us can move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBP, Glanoril, Babboonbobo and 4 others like this.
  13. notshawn54

notshawn54 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2016
    The religious, cultural, and architectural loss is tragic.

14. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I was so sad to see this earlier. I figured that they would have it contained quickly and without much damage. I'm usually too optimistic though. What a tragedy.

15. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    I will with hold my feelings about this but I fear this was no Accidental Fire Caused by the Remodeling.

This would be the Holy Grail to the Terrorist State living around the world. Look what they destroyed in Palmyra, Syria, The Great Mosque of Al-Nuri, Christian and Catholic across the EU.....This is their Holy War....

They could care less about the History or the item destroyed by them.

Yet Draw one Cartoon, burn one Quran and they will kill you.

Only a matter of time until this gets out of hand here.....Ilhan Omar calls for unrest and a 5 year old boy is tossed from a 3rd level of MOA....This is just the beginning I fear.

Karsten

16. PorscheGuy

PorscheGuy Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2012
    seriously, this is very sad and moronic response. not everything is political or a conspiracy.

very sad indeed, a great piece of history is lost

Glanoril, isialk and ImperialBlade like this.
  17. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    I will agree Sad and I don't see where it is in anyway Moronic....I guess you think Charlie Hebdo was Moronic, the London Bridge, the MOA and so many others.....It is only a matter of time only the credit for this act is claimed.

Karsten

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  18. removed

removed Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2015
    I am thinking that @PorscheGuy was not saying Karsten's post was moronic, rather the responses by the Muslim Militants who have to kill people because of a cartoon or a burning of a Quran is moronic.

19. Spur1911

Spur1911 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2016
    Couldn't watch it. A very sad thing to see. I hope the authorities in Paris can accurately figure out what happened. Hopefully the structure can be salvaged. It may take decades to repair or renovate what's left.

20. Greg45acp

Greg45acp Double Secret Banned

Oct 31, 2016
    Even the dirtbag Nazis let it stand unmolested. Very sad to lose such a piece of history.

FWoo45, Karsten and ImperialBlade like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted