1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning. I’m fortunate to be able to shoot in my backyard...also have friends with property out in Orange. That said... My curiosity question of the day. What ranges do folks use in northern Virginia?

· Registered
2,305 Posts
Hello, I’m in Bristow VA.
-Fairfax Rod and Gun Club (need to be a member but if anyone wants to go just ket me know!)
-Elite Shooting Sports (indoor but very nice, they have 25, 50, and 100yd ranges)

-Izaak Walton’s are nice and membership is much easier to get then Fairfax Rod and Gun, they have various locations in each county nationwide

-NRA range is very fudd like but their matches aren’t bad

-Fredericksburg Rod and Gun or Rifle (can’t recall name) is nice and they have lots of matches

-Shadow Hawk and Peacemaker are about an hour from NoVA and they have the most matches/nicest facilities

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in Fredericksburg. Never knew we had a rod and gun. I have access to quantico, but like to meet new folks. Quantico is predictable and don’t like getting stuck as an RSO

· Registered
Ask me about faith...
1,755 Posts
Clark Bros in Warrenton is about the cheapest around but it's an hour drive from Fairfax gives or take...

Shooters in lorton needs a ventilation upgrade.. Badly...

· Premium Member
23,845 Posts
I live in northern Virginia and a fellow member (@sidewaysil80 great guy) invites me to Fairfax rod and gun club in Manassas. Other than that it’s a pain in the ass to find good places.
FRAGC membership is pricy, but I also shoot there because a member loves my reloads and I've fixed a couple of his weapons.

If you cross the line to WV there's Peacemaker (also pricy and not worth it) and Shadow Hawk right by it on 45. 20 bucks an hour.

· Registered
2,305 Posts
Their IDPA matches are tough to get into. Enrollment is often closed before the match
The trick is to create an account on the FRGC site, non members can do this. Sign up for email alerts fir “action pistol/idpa”. You’ll get an email as soon as registration opens on practiscore. So long as you do it within a day or two of that email you’ll be fine.

· Premium Member
23,845 Posts
The trick is to create an account on the FRGC site, non members can do this. Sign up for email alerts fir “action pistol/idpa”. You’ll get an email as soon as registration opens on practiscore. So long as you do it within a day or two of that email you’ll be fine.
Missed three matches this year! To darn old to run and gun with kids, but still like to do it. Thanks.

· Registered
35 Posts
Hello, I’m in Bristow VA.
-Fairfax Rod and Gun Club (need to be a member but if anyone wants to go just ket me know!)
-Elite Shooting Sports (indoor but very nice, they have 25, 50, and 100yd ranges)

-Izaak Walton’s are nice and membership is much easier to get then Fairfax Rod and Gun, they have various locations in each county nationwide

-NRA range is very fudd like but their matches aren’t bad

-Fredericksburg Rod and Gun or Rifle (can’t recall name) is nice and they have lots of matches

-Shadow Hawk and Peacemaker are about an hour from NoVA and they have the most matches/nicest facilities

Where are Shadow Hawk and Peacemaker? I have never heard of them, i'm also looking for a range that has some decent rentals.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts