1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ISO The Very Best 1911's
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Novak-Tussey Special Ops 1911 .45 ACP

This is a very interesting gun! I purchased 2 Novak built guns from a collection and this one has all the Novak hallmarks of their Special Ops Package built by Joe Bonar.

• Built on Caspian frame circa 2000

• USGI IMI “hard slide”, .45 ACP

• Novak Lo-mount 3-dot sights

• Full hand-matted, Swenson style finish with milled border (hand stippled slide top, backstrap, fronstrap and rear of slide)

• Ejection port lower and flair

• Reliability package

• Full carry bevel job, true up frame lines

• Hand beveled magwell/slidestop

• Speed safety (Kings)

• Reliability tune, match grade barrel/bushing fitted with match crown

• With Novak branded gun rug

I verified with Novaks via email that based on the pictures that they completed this initial work on this pistol although it was before they had electronic records. Because their logo was always -optional-this gun was not marked.

At some point the previous owner also had Terry Tussey perform his slim grip modification to make the gun more comfortable for a smaller hand.

Tussey added:

• Thin grips and bushings (included)

• Scalloped, low profile magazine release with frame chamfer (very cool)

• High-grip beavertail without memory groove

• Refinish to match rest of pistol

This pistol is in excellent + condition and appears to be testfired only after the Tussey mods.

Barrel fit is solid. Slide to frame is “combat tight” (not match tight which is typical of Novak guns) It has the original Cocobolo slim grips/bushings and is wearing a set of beautiful Spegel Walnut smooth grips. Since Novak stopped doing most ala carte gunsmithing work a few years ago its been much harder to find a nice example of an early style Novak gun with the full matting. This gun is a duplicate for me so I am letting it go. It is 100% reliable, accurate and has a superb 3.75# trigger. 1-Novak magazine included.I may entertain interesting custom trades.
$2250 shipped to your FFL

Brown Gun Firearm Trigger White
Wood Gun Brown Product Firearm
Wood Brown Gun Firearm Trigger
Wood Hardwood Grey Metal Tan

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts