1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For this months challenge, we will be a drill that should be able to be shot at any range. It comes from Prairiefire and was the first two stages at this years Nationals. I had the pleasure of meeting @SLG and @MedicGunGuy there and SLG placed in the top 8!

There are four of fire, all shot from the 15 yard line and all shot from the low ready.

Sting One:
5 rounds in 60 seconds

String Two:
5 Rounds in 10 seconds

String Three:
5 rounds strong hand only in 15 seconds

String Four:
5 rounds weak hand only in 15 seconds.

Possible score is 200 with 20X. Line breaks count for higher score. I find it easier to use two targets, one for the first two strings and one for the next two strings. It makes scoring easier. I also mark all shots and tally after each string, again making it easier to score. There are is no benefit to go faster than the listed times. Anything over time, and you lose your best shot on target. So I would recommend setting a par time on the timer so you know when to stop shooting.

For this month, there are no gun restrictions, other than it must be centerfire.

Only your COLD run will count for scoring this month. This should mean they are the first 20 rounds out of your gun for the day.

@Uncle Bob should crush this months drill. I’ve seen his groups rapid fire on steel at 20 yards. This should be a walk in the park.

Winner will get an Addicts Challenge Coin. Good luck and here is to hoping for some participation this month!

Font Watch Circle Symbol Logo

·
Registered
⭐️WC Compact CQB .45, M9, Ruger & Henry .44, Glock 23, KSG
970 Posts
Revolver Font Art Tool Paint

If firearms could talk, my Wilson would be exclaiming how ashamed it was of its shooter.

Not letting this one kick my ass this month. I still had some time remaining on the :15 sec strings & can manage that better. I know this is true because I shot those strings again & kept all in the 5 ring (a little over time with the weak hand), but since this is a cold drill, I’ll have to do this one again another day.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
View attachment 1118012
If firearms could talk, my Wilson would be exclaiming how ashamed it was of its shooter.

Not letting this one kick my ass this month. I still had some time remaining on the :15 sec strings & can manage that better. I know this is true because I shot those strings again & kept all in the 5 ring (a little over time with the weak hand), but since this is a cold drill, I’ll have to do this one again another day.
83 total score it looks like? That’s the new leader!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@USMC(ret)'s targets have me questioning.....are all the strings fired at a SINGLE target? Or is it 1 target for each string? When we normally run a drill like this, all the strings are shot at 1 target.

Am I overthinking this? LOL...
I like to shoot the first 10 on one target then the next 10 in another. Makes scoring easier and ability to account for each shot

·
Registered
343 Posts
View attachment 1118012

My Wilson was ashamed of me for last month's challenge. :ROFLMAO: :cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: USMC(ret)
1 - 20 of 170 Posts