close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

November Drill

Discussion in 'Training' started by Whiten, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Sorry missed the Indoors. Haven't shot indoors since a bowling pin match in the early 80s.

However you'll find that moving horizontally is more challenging and improves skill sets for engaging multiple targets.

2. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2017
    I'm a bit luckier. I was around when IPSC started in SoCal after Jeff moved the program down from Big Bear and several friends taught at Gunsite. I didn't have the patience in those days. Two of my close friends were Mike Harries (practical pistol shooting maven for SoCal and Gunsite instructor) and Mike Horne. Horne came up with some of the finest and most challenging matches and or invitational "exercises" He did it to see if it was something that would translate to Gunsite.

Mike Harries got me going along with a lot of people. He had me dry firing for awhile long before I started shooting competitively, to get a good trigger break, build muscle memory and so on. Always got after you got running and gunning when your skill set wasn't up to it.

This is Mike Horne in 77 and that's a double tap, my camera was cranked up as fast as I could get it to go. I could tell you about some of the stuff we did and Hornelowres (2).jpg I still do when working with the state troopers here.

Jollyroger1 likes this.

3. Bro. Pappaw

Bro. Pappaw Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 18, 2016
    No problem with shot placement. Lost time on the draw and second shot. Need to improve those times.

“Fast is fine, but accuracy is final.”
    Wyatt Earp

Jollyroger1 likes this.
  4. Whiten

Whiten Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jun 9, 2017
    I have to ask @zipper046 , did you shoot three or four cards per run. The drill is for four cards and you posted three in your pics.

Jollyroger1 likes this.
  5. Whiten

Jun 9, 2017
  6. zipper046

zipper046 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 28, 2013
    Oh crap! You're right Whiten! My bad...I read the drill so fast I thought it was 3 cards not 4...grrrr:bang::bang:

I'll have to re-run this again with 4 CARDS...my apologies all. Thank you Whiten for pointing that out...stupid me...

cwoods, Jollyroger1 and Whiten like this.
  7. Whiten

Jun 9, 2017
    No problem, still a great time for 3 cards.

zipper046, cwoods and Jollyroger1 like this.
  8. Buckhorn

Buckhorn Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Nov 30, 2015
    Thanks, I had that whole lucky rather than good thing going on!

Whiten, cwoods and Jollyroger1 like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted