1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I threw this months drill into my range time practice today. I started off kinda rough, going slow trying to make all my hits. Once I warmed up a little, I picked up the pace eventually getting a best of 10.02 clean. I’m happy with that but fully expect that time won’t last. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,098 Posts
Oh man. I just started training again with dry fire seven days a week, and live fire five days a week.

This is perfect. I'll be submitting results soon.

Never stop for any reason even if you cut the time you're dry firing. Couldn't touch a 1911 for years because of an accident. Picked it up and started dry firing again. Came back fairly quickly after all the years I've done it. Builds muscle memory which is what you want.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I threw this months drill into my range time practice today. I started off kinda rough, going slow trying to make all my hits. Once I warmed up a little, I picked up the pace eventually getting a best of 10.02 clean. I’m happy with that but fully expect that time won’t last. ;)

Great shoot Pete. You scored an A+ according to Bill.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oddly enough, I first tried this drill with a new lil carry gun I’ve been working with. The Sig P365. I know, I know...it’s not a 1911 but I’m really liking this lil gun and it’s payload of 12+1 in such a compact package. Anyway, I was able to shoot the drill clean in 13.10 from concealment which I was pretty proud of.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Never stop for any reason even if you cut the time you're dry firing. Couldn't touch a 1911 for years because of an accident. Picked it up and started dry firing again. Came back fairly quickly after all the years I've done it. Builds muscle memory which is what you want.

Work>shooting.

Even though work is shooting. I took first in my division this weekend, so the time off didn't hurt me too bad...

·
Registered
840 Posts
Gave this a shot a few times today. My best time out of the three runs was 8.35. I noticed my draw was very inconsistent with my new holster. I need to work with it quite a bit more.
D7F632D2-5B97-452F-A229-2975DAA596D6.jpeg
7087BAE4-4DC2-4F21-BFA4-8F0C2F1BAD70.jpeg

Then for the hell of it, i ran it once each strong hand only from the draw and weak hand only from the low ready. My times were 15.41 with the strong hand and 12.21 weak. I obviously need some work with those.

Hope we get some more participation this month.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damn @Ethank I think Bill Wilson might wanna take some lessons with those times!!! :eek1:
Well done sir, well done!!!#golfclap

·
Registered
651 Posts
I shaved a little off earlier this week, 10.41 clean. Can’t compete with some of you boys, Ethank killed it! If the rain stops I’m going to try again tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I shot it today with 3 guns, 9mm lt wt Commander, Glock 19 and a 642 revolver. B with the Commander, D with the Glock, failed with the 642 by a couple seconds. Need practice.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My miserable and pathetic scores.
Best string...1.76...2.41-1...2.72...3.21...3.71.......14.81

Between shooting at ducks (as opposed to actually hitting them) and deer hunting, (butchering 2 deer by yourself takes a long time) I was pressed for time this month. Glad I did it today.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts