1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought my very first .38 Super!! I'm not normally a fan of Colt handguns, however I have some big plans for this gun. It is going to be the base gun for my ideal, dream 1911. More details on that later, for the time being here are some pictures:

The other side is marked 100 years of service. Do not have any good pics yet since I just got this off Gunbroker but hopefully I will have it next week sometime.

·
it's mmm, mmm good...
7,140 Posts
Nice. the .38S is a really fun round to shoot. i just need to start reloading so i can shoot it more.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an extra set of 9mm dies for my single stage press. I think I just need to get a different shell plate. I'm not going to set up my progressive for it though. I won't shoot .38 that much. I'm going to have a 9mm barrel fit as part of what I want to do. Then I'll probably shoot the 9mm and carry the hot loaded .38 super. It's nice to have options.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I have also been tempted by one of these. Looking good!

Hey did I offer you some Guitar stuff at one time? I know I offered it to someone and then lost it.

·
Forum Sponsor
517 Posts
Same pistol as this one started out as.... Try VV N105 (10.5g), CCI SMP Primers, and 124g Gold Dots...you will be looking at close to 1,500 fps with no overpressure issues. Super hot SD load. That is......if you can find the Gold Dots.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes someone had told me they would send some strings but I had forgotten all about it.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice Dave. I want to do something similar but with a Chen type magwell and the sight setup you have on that Baer. Finish wise I'm thinking about NP3 actually.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also thanks for the reloading tip Dave. I actually have some 124gr GD lying around I believe.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would imagine after pics will be a while. The smiffs I'm looking at have a backlog

·
Sharpening Ockham's Razor
1,990 Posts
Looks pretty sharp. I guess if you're going to make a dream 1911, that's a good way to start. :thumb:

Andy

1 - 20 of 28 Posts