1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday I picked up The Anniversary Gun, ACW#401. I am very, very thankful to have it and I probably won't shoot it until tomorrow but it's already one of my favorites and how could it not be? It's an Alchemy Classic Carry .45! When you start figuring out what you really want and focus on it you can have six or more guns that all contend for "favorite" and that's a good thing.

The sun hadn't quite got up over the trees but the bench in front of the house had sunlight on it when I came back in so I took a few more. My Wilson Colt is my EDC and I trust it every day. The Rock River Arms feels very much like an Alchemy when I work the slide back and forth and that's as good as it get's in a semi-custom, in my opinion. My DW A2 is such a great gun. When I bought it, it was easily the nicest 1911 that I owned. Now it's easily at the bottom of the cost spectrum but still one of my favorites. The NHC T-Series Hi-Power is a great gun. It's been 3-4 months since I had my last BHP and the NHC is hands down the nicest I've ever had and the first custom. Each time I shoot it I do a little better and my wife likes it.

In post #2, my Guncrafter Hellcat .45 has been the most wonderful surprise. It shoots like my ACW Prodigy/Prime with the 1" guarantee. That is a slight surprise, but I expected it to shoot. I can't believe how much I love the look of the gun. Every feature goes well together and it looks almost as good as it shoots. To cap it all off is the ACW Classic Carry #401. That's our wedding anniversary and my wife smiled and her eye twinkled when I showed it to her. I figured it would be snapped up before I could swing it, but with a little bit of moving things around and the sale of three guns I pulled it off very quickly. The last photos are the RRA and GI in the light. The bluing on those two and the ACW is beautiful. That's it. Those are my 1911's and a BHP.

With all of the great semi-custom shops out there the options are staggering. Things always come along, but I have been a bit spoiled by "the finer things" and I'm OK with that.
Air gun Trigger Grey Wood Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Automotive exterior
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been waiting for this post! How does she shoot? Yours is a fine collection indeed.
My wife and daughter have been under the weather and I hope to get out early tomorrow with it. It's beautiful and exactly what I expected. I'm sure it shoots lights out, but I don't know yet.

Thank you! My collection is smaller, but I am very happy with it. It's a good problem to have when you don't know which is your favorite or even better, when each is your "favorite" for different reasons.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now if only there was a 9mm Colt 😉🤣🙃
There will be, the question is WHICH 9mm Colt? I need another 9mm Government Model and my daughter will need one and if she's serious, maybe more than one.

Taunting me publicly with your sweet 9mm Colt. Shameless. Absolutely shameless.

·
Registered
850 Posts
There will be, the question is WHICH 9mm Colt? I need another 9mm Government Model and my daughter will need one and if she's serious, maybe more than one.

Taunting me publicly with your sweet 9mm Colt. Shameless. Absolutely shameless.
I'm currently trying to find a Kringle shaped target to send with it, no one knows what I'm talking about. I think everyone here especially @Secondset knows I rarely keep anything 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm currently trying to find a Kringle shaped target to send with it, no one knows what I'm talking about. I think everyone here especially @Secondset knows I rarely keep anything 🤣🤣🤣
I understand entirely, so at least people can know it's something of an inside joke rather than trying to figure out what your spellcheck screwed up!

I know that a few people very much appreciate your fondness for improving guns and getting on to the next one.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I understand entirely, so at least people can know it's something of an inside joke rather than trying to figure out what your spellcheck screwed up!

I know that a few people very much appreciate your fondness for improving guns and getting on to the next one.
The best part about all these guns is no matter the price tag they are all equally loved and there's real life wear no battle finish or trick coatings. A man, a holster, and some brass.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very nice collection👍
Also big fan here of the DW A2,
Thank you! From a cost standpoint, my nearly stock A2(I need to put the spur hammer back on it, but the flat, checkered MSH will stay) is worth half, a third or even less than the others but would be about perfect if it had front strap checkering. I could think of other touches that would be nice, but I think that's all it "needs". They are great guns and also my gateway gun to Addiction. Months later I bought a Wilson CQB 9mm and then found this forum. Life will never be the same.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The best part about all these guns is no matter the price tag they are all equally loved and there's real life wear no battle finish or trick coatings. A man, a holster, and some brass.
That's good stuff. I like it. We all have a different outlook, situation, likes and dislikes. I am very thankful to be in a situation that allows me to beat guns mercilessly, like my Wilson Colt, and have a few that I shoot but am a bit more careful with. The RRA was that gun for a while. It has some competition in the GI and Alchemy, but the GI is going to be shot quite a bit and I'll get over it. The slide flats are pretty and they can be pretty again someday down the road. It shoots too well to just look at, but it's tempting.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Congratulations. Nice group! Not a dog in the bunch. (y)(y) If you're happy, I'm happy for you!

My old work saying, "We're not happy 'til you're not happy" does not apply here. o_O

1 - 20 of 35 Posts