1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
I’m busting at the seams !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish I had that problem. How about a separate safe for ammo? And if there’s pistols in those bags that dehumidifier can’t be doing much.

I don’t store my guns in the oem bags. When I frequent the range I use a case like this.

I’ve been trying out these for the safe. So far so good. Their modular you can extend the rods and make them to fit your shelves.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...mid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1&tag=gddeals19-20&th=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I use oven mitts to store the guns inthe safe and store the bags in a nice dry place.

the other solution for you is--a new bigger safe.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Remington sells a big storage case, o ring sealed, will hold 5k+ rounds. I buy the big safe size dehumidifiers and they stay well controlled for months, the Canon dehumidifiers are marketed in this months big blue magazine, recharge them in the oven at 325 degrees. So, I have safes for long guns, cases that hold 6 pistols that I made, and the Remington cases for ammo, and a super sized stack of dehumidifiers, but still want a larger safe. LOL

·
Premium Member
6,294 Posts
There must be a lot of Bustin-at-the-Seems goin around. I have that same condition on 2 of them. I'm looking at getting a third to handle just the ammo so the shooting things can have some growing space. You know, invite a few friends over........ or move in. :grin:

Reactions: colrhino

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,354 Posts
You need to start giving me some of your unneeded stuff.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I need a good heavy duty storage cabinet for ammo. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Before I went to the Remington cases I used a broken down freezer, removed all the motors/compressors and what not. Put some hasps on it to secure the contents. It was one of the smaller upright models with 3 racks, held several thousand rounds.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
It's a nice problem! All gun nuts should be so lucky.

I have 3 safes, 2 for guns, 1 for ammo .. only issue is you need a lot of space.
I leave most of my gun bags and cases outside the safes and put my pistols in gun socks and on Versatile handgun racs inside the safes. This opens up a bunch of room.

Or, you could ... sell some guns to buy another safe .. but then you'll need to buy more guns to fill the safe .... ''ad infinitum"!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I have my gun cases, bags and rugs in a cabinet, my ammo in ammo cans in cabinets and under my reload benches for additional weight. Holsters and gear in their own place in cabinets. The only thing I have in my gun safe is guns. The other stuff could retain humidity I wouldn't want in my gun safe environment. I also don't have little kids running around so the ammo being out isn't an issue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts