NRA DIRTY LAUNDRY

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Plasman, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Plasman

Plasman Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Nov 22, 2014
    Looks like the New York AG is going to air out the NRA's dirty laundry. I wonder what the general membership will do after what some thought to be rumors come to light.

blamo and boatdoc like this.
  2. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    I prefer GOA as my pro 2 A group. I am in the nRA becaus e my clubs require membership to be in the club. wish they would get back to fighting for us instead of fighting with each other.It saddens me to see this happening to this group

3. Guy Montag

Guy Montag Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2014
    This is a political prosecution by one of the worst AGs in the country, and I say this as no fan of the NRA.

Katana_user, Dub, KS95B40 and 18 others like this.
  4. Journeyman1234

Journeyman1234 Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2017
    During an election year, no less.

5. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    The story is pushed by NPR, a leftist, Liberal, “news” organization

6. blamo

blamo Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2018
    I imagine lots of us already know NRA is rotten to the core and it's been a matter of supporting them because of their lobbying power for those of us who do. (I've stopped chipping in for Wayne's suits since '08.) None of us want our rights threatened, but those are some bad hombres doing bad hombre stuff over there. I got a feeling those folks bought a ticket for a ride they didn't expect to come.

7. nathanotis

nathanotis Active Member

Feb 6, 2020
    For those not in the know (Me), what groups ARE doing the Lords work? I hear the GOA is solid... What other options are there?

8. FatMikey

FatMikey Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Besides GOA I've heard some positive things about Second Amendment Foundation (saf.org) but not personally a member yet.

9. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2011
    2nd Amendment Foundation Life member here.....continue to work within the NRA hoping to return it to the organization it can/should be. Dissolve the NRA, and there's going to be a bloodbath with our 2nd Amendment rights.

10. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    The one thing I've learned over the last four months is bigger isn't better. I'm doing everything I can as locally as I can and that includes protecting my 2A rights. I'm a localist!

https://www.buckeyefirearms.org/

11. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Folks forget - NRA is designed to work at the national level - it's up to the individual states to defend their turf.

Bugs, ZoidMeister, Badabing11 and 4 others like this.
  12. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    I'm a "lifer" in both the NRA and GOA.

My only complaint about GOA is they have some kind of business activity located in California. I forget what it is (maybe membership activation & renewals? IDK). Anyway, my point is, why do these pro gun organizations "reward" ANY anti-gun state with renting (or owning), paying property taxes, hiring employees (& paying more state income taxes, etc.) to states that are working against them?

For goodness sake, move pro 2A operations / organizations to states that "deserve" to have them! (BTW, same for the NRA; locate your operations and pay taxes to gun friendly states!). This schit ain't rocket science!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  13. CoalCracker.

CoalCracker. Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2020
    Im a member of NRA GOA and FOAC (firearms owners against crime) I get more notices about what GOA and FOAC. About what they are doing than the NRA. Heck only thing i get from NRA is begging for more funds.

14. Roehl

Roehl Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2019
    I am a member of the NRA and while I don’t support everything that they do, they are still our best hope for keeping our 2A rights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. M Yaworski

M Yaworski Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    That is very true. It's not the official word, but the unofficial word at ILA was that if the state association didn't care enough to lead the charge, ILA wasn't going to waste the resources.

16. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    I got news for some of you NRA haters. If it wasn't for them your treasured guns including your rifles and shotguns would have been melted down years ago. Just keep bashing them you are falling right into the commie's plans..
    Divide and conquer. Conservatives will never learn. That is why the democrats will win .. They always stick together..

Buck Buck, Glock2740, Bugs and 13 others like this.
  17. Slapshot

Sep 6, 2017
    ^^^^^^ This bothers me to no end. Seven emails alone in the last two weeks of July so they can pay one of their fathers 90K to take some pictures. I belong and I'm more likely to remain a member with these guys out but this pi$$ed me off.

18. M Yaworski

M Yaworski Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I lay the blame on Wayne LaPierre and the Board of Directors who allowed him to run rampant over NRA. He's had everyone at the organization running scared for years. Any effort to rein him in met with disaster.

19. jfrey

jfrey Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 10, 2012
    Instead of dissolving the NRA itself, why don't they go after LaPierre, the ad agency, and the legal office instead. They are the ones who apparently pilfered the money. Oh wait. it is an election year and those filing suites are Democrats and they know how much money the NRA put into the Trump campaign. Not a fan of the NRA myself but this seems very politically motivated at a very convenient time.
    Can they actually DISSOLVE the NRA anyway? In our legal system you normally go after the guilty parties, not the organization.

20. Slapshot

Sep 6, 2017
    Spokes I get it and I'm sure the left has their fair share of problems to deal with as well. This is the problem with the whole system is people willing to overlook transgressions as long as they get what they want in the end. What it should boil down to is right and wrong and if this is true then what they did is wrong. In the event that it's BS then that is wrong and those people should be held accountable. I'm so tired of all the lying and scheming by people that have more than 90% of the people in the world. Everybody is getting over on the backs of the working stiffs in the world which I'm guessing most of us are and we're just to blind to see it. This is why it's so hard to give anything to charity because a large percentage never gets to where it was supposed to go. As I said in my previous post I'm doing everything I can on the local level because there's more accountability. Rant over!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted