NRA DIRTY LAUNDRY

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Plasman, Aug 6, 2020.

1. monadh

monadh Sapientiae Timor Domini Initium

May 8, 2012
    4bf0rq.jpg

Guy Montag likes this.
  2. Buck Buck

Buck Buck Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Ned said: "NRA has never been perfect-- looks like it is less perfect now than before-- but to abandon NRA now is to leave our rights unprotected and sooo easy to sweep aside.

After the Ollie North/Chris Cox purge, I realized something was wrong! You don't throw good men under the bus like that. WLP should have stepped down for the good of all. Corporate CEO's, even at non-profits, have some nice perks, but excess can cripple them.
    BUT NRA IS the national group doing a lot of good too. And the ILA under Chris Cox was very effective! Wayne needs to take his perks and how out gracefully. And NRA should bring back both Ollie North & Chris Cox!!!

Uncle Bob and HooDoo Man like this.

3. seagiant

seagiant Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Hi,
    Not a lot of "humble" in CEO's these days...

In 2009 when all these companies took the US Taxpayer bail out...

The CEO's still took their Million(s) Dollar annual Bonus money???

4. Tom Corbett42

Tom Corbett42 Active Member

Aug 23, 2019
    Ha...ha...ha...LaPierre will only take a graceful exit on a slide made of $1000.oo bills.

Uncle Bob likes this.
  5. alamogunr

alamogunr Member

Feb 27, 2020
    I don't recall ever complaining about the NRA's requests for donations. Just about any non-profit uses freebies to encourage donations. I always refuse the cheap incentives if I am making a donation.

I would resume making donations to NRA-ILA when/if the Board of Directors gets enough backbone to clean house. Preferably without a big golden parachute. If enough members indicated such, maybe a majority would develop that backbone.

Uncle Bob and HooDoo Man like this.
  6. Jefelectric

Jefelectric New Member

Feb 21, 2020
    I feel the same, I’m a Benefactor member & life member since 1961 & member a few years before that. It’s a couple of people treating the organization as their own piggy bank with no oversight.

7. Phil Sprague

Phil Sprague Active Member

Sep 27, 2016
    No question about that. Most politico's are stone afraid of the NRA.

Roehl and HooDoo Man like this.
  8. djc

djc Active Member

Jul 1, 2013
    It scares me to see how many people here drank the NY AG's kool-aide.

Roehl and HooDoo Man like this.
  9. HooDoo Man

HooDoo Man Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 26, 2017
    It scares me also. I really scares me how many people kept Obozo in office for 8 years. This country is in trouble deep.

walleyemonster and Roehl like this.
  10. Tom Corbett42

Tom Corbett42 Active Member

Aug 23, 2019
    Reasons why Obama was put in office, and then kept for four more yease, was McCain's' we will stay in Irag for 100 years', and the belief that Mitt Romney's Religion would affect his behaviour in the office of President. It is kind of like 2016 (choice between Trump and Hillary Clinton), and now 2020 choise between Trump and Joe Biden). If your choice is between someone who you believe is good and someone you believe is bad for the country, that will direct your vote. Yes, I believe America is going in the wrong and terrible direction if we continue to let Rioters and looters run rampant (note I did not call them protesters, as they are not that any longer). I do not understand why the rule of law is not being enforced, unless someone is buying off people.

Speedy396 and xerts1191 like this.
  11. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2017
    That's not going to last with the Democrats being pushed by the progressive crazies. They still have the majority in Congress and even where I live I still see the occasional Bernie bumper stickers. If Trump loses, we're in trouble. Biden won't survive his first term even bowing to progressives and then you get Harris which is 1,000,000 times worse. Republicans loses the senate even if Trump wins, we're still in trouble.

12. Usp45ct

Usp45ct Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012

As for Mitt, what you see of him now was what he always was. I hated BHO but I do believe Mitt would have been just as bad or worse for 2A. I also feel if Mitt got elected, no Trump so I am good with him being Mitt and losing.

Republicans from Massachusetts are far more liberal than dems from other states...

13. Range Brass

Range Brass Member

Jun 25, 2020
    I have advocated this for years. When I look at products to buy, I automatically check to see the state the product is manufactured or its offices are located. So many gun products are made or sold, in the case of imports, by west coast or New England companies. It seems that the first thing liberals do is boycott companies that don't fit their agendas. Looks like it works pretty well for them. Lets boycott products from gun hating states. Take away some of their financial tax ammo (pun intended). The root of the power of the media and politics is money. We can do our part to hinder this by boycott. Let's get up and publish a list of these companies. The left has shown us how to do it. Let's do it. Just thinking.

Dallas Knight likes this.
  14. Buck Buck

Buck Buck Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    We still need them all ! NRA & GOA & 2nd Amendment. The NRA-ILA has gotten a lot done. So does GOA. During gun store closures, I filled out a hOW reporting form. Within two days GOA responded, and an attorney called me to ask if my 2A rights had been infringed ! I live in Orange County CA with a 2A supportive Sheriff and Board. My report was the county next to me - Lost Angeles. But I was thankful for their promptness and offer to help.
    The NRA has a different kind of influence, broader in scope. Without them, we would nOT have seen the changes in State & Federal policies ! They provide Safety Training, shooter and Hunter training, serve as a bridge between citizens, police, hunters, etc.
    Our real problem with NEW a Wayne, his power with board members and his control of operations. Oliver North and Chris Cox should NOT have been forced out by Wayne & the Board !
    What the NRA really DOES NEED is total transparency & reporting! Without that, all organizations are subject to mis-use abuse, greed & corruption. The "perks" for housing, c!othing, etc he should be able to pay for with a CEO-like Salary, sufficient to pay for these. Some gift ban restrictions need to be in place. The membership in most cases, does not have these luxuries, AND Leadership should set that tone, and be an example for everyone in the organization !!!

And we need to pray and ask God to protect our nation, leaders, freedom, and rights !

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted