1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,205 Posts
The crazy part about it is,.......no gang banger would carry a M1 Carbine.
No street thug would carry a M1 Garand.

These are weapons that law biding citizens WANT.

·
Push to test, release to detonate
1,106 Posts
A Garand is on my short list.. I have wanted one since the first time I shot one.. might have been 13 at the time. It would be great to see them all come home!

·
Premium Member
26,205 Posts
I've had a few over the years. The only one I have now is a Springfield Correct Grade from the CMP.
It's a 5.8m serial number, so a 1954 manufacture. Shoots like a dream and is very tight!

·
It WAS Quack
1,586 Posts
This is going to get a LOT of people mad, and I have a strong feeling this will NOT happen. There is no way the CMP, NRA, and similar organizations are going to let this happen. There's way too much community support.

I will say though, is that I do hope it goes through, kills his campaign, a republican gets office, and allows them in. I cannot wait until he's done ruining America.

·
Premium Member
26,205 Posts
Sad to say,.......he's ben letting them rot for three years now.

There are a crap load of M1 Garanda & Carbines available, if you know where to look

·
BIG OL' BALD HAID !
3,291 Posts
Also,think of the number of 1911's that are still sitting in depots of foreign countries in Europe.
Over the years I have heard rumors of several European countries having large amounts of 1911's sitting in their militaries depots as "secondary standard".
Guns that were issued BEFORE 9mm became military standard for NATO.Stockpiled in case of mobilization of large numbers of conscripts outnumbered available 9mm handguns.

I am willing to bet that their are large numbers of 1911's in S.Korea as well as long arms.

DAT85

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want an M1 garand, but not bad enough to pay going prices. I have to think over a half million+ of them being imported would slash going prices a good bit, too. I like to play "follow the money," when trying to figure out who would support counter-intuitive legislation, but unless there's one major M1 dealer out there in Obama's pocket (not likely), this is just a matter of someone not wanting us to have them. What a weird choice of firearm to deny importation of to a country where 30.06 hunting rifles with the same or greater capacity are in most hunter's gun safes.

·
Premium Member
26,205 Posts
Yep.........it's a sad deal.

Here's mine,......just to motivate ya a bit more!

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I can't find the article, but The Government is going to allow the Garands but not the Carbines. I read this about a month ago.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why on earth not the carbines? I think the weight I've lost in the last couple of years isn't from diet and exercise, but calories burned form the repeated facepalms I do reading Obama legislation.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
1963 $23 thru the NRA

I mowed yards to earn the money

nyaa nyaa nyaa!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts