Obama Food Police Confiscates Students Lunch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bugs, Feb 15, 2012.

1. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Aug 18, 2011
    Yea this isn't new. The government is forcing kids to eat school food and not allowing them to bring food to school anymore. Granted, the food is better, but I still don't agree with it. My mother works for an elementary school as a lunch-lady and they have to go through so much crap and different food for different kids. It makes sense on paper (not really), but in reality it's a terrible idea and everyone hates it.

2. DeadEye

DeadEye Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Be prepared... the revolution, it is coming.

3. deadguy

deadguy Eddie Van Halen Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    My 7 year old who is now in 1st grade came home last year complaining that "President Obama took our ice cream away... Why would he do that, daddy?"

Apparently an act that came down the pipes in December, 2010 said that state supported schools could no longer allow the selling of any foods to students that were not provided by the school itself. The ice cream, which was served to students for $0.25, once a month, was offered to raise funds for the school's PTO. No more. If it isn't paid for and offered through the cafeteria or in a vending machine on the school grounds it can't be sold.

The teachers tried to work around this policy by saying they would buy it themselves and give it to the students. However, the District Superintendent said no because they would not be allowed to use the school's refrigeration units for storage.

She never forgot it, either. She brought it up again last Friday. "Why did the President take our ice cream away?" All I could sy was, "I don;t know sweety...I don't know."

4. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    The government will not mandate what my wife and i pack in my kids lunch. I'll be filing both lawsuits against the school district and civil suits against the individual administrators so fast it will make their head swim. Additionally we will be having unpleasant face to face conversations.

5. Twisted

Twisted Member

Feb 13, 2012
    the indoctrination of our children is the exact reason my wife works a full time 50hr per week job from home and home schools our 4 girls.....well 3 anyways the 4th is only 1.

6. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Pardon my language, I usually refrain from cursing on this forum, but I'd much rather my kid have a turkey sandwich than that ****ty meal in the picture! Mechanically separated chicken fried in soy oil, corn, a muffin, chocolate milk, and the only thing of any nutrition is an apple. That meal is pretty much all sugar, fat, and empty carbs. I've never been a litigious person, but I think Blay might be on to something.

7. bw210

bw210 Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Humm... our kids had fresh baked bread, garden canned non GMO vegetables, some fresh butchered deer with some canned apples we did last fall for lunch yesterday. Oh ya... we homeschool so we don't have to deal with overpaid government babysitters at youth brainwashing and dumb them down camps.

8. DeadEye

DeadEye Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Can I come to your house for lunch? ;)

9. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tell her the truth. The Commies won't let you have Ice Cream. :animlol:

10. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I had all boys and raised them like they were in boot camp at times. I should have been better at holding my tongue some but I would have told mine because that GD commie piece if s^*t is an azzhole and sticking his nose were it doesn't belong.

11. Ditto_95

Ditto_95 Why oh why? Supporting Addict

Nov 5, 2011
    I was steamed like a dozen clams when I read that.:puke:
    My mom and stepfather where in local and state school administration when I was growing up.
    Mom even signed and gave me my diploma at graduation.(funny story)
    There is no way in hell they would have allowed this to happen. Of course this was the 60's and 70's so the liberal machine was just begining it's wind up.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted