October in New Mexico; NRA Whittington Date Corrections

Discussion in 'New Mexico' started by Scaramouche, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    In my previous post on this subject @nmbuzz and I listed weekdays for our rooting tooting six gun shooting (involving the 1911, rifles & shotguns) visit to Whittington and got one solid volunteer from the Lone Star State (@Spur1911 ) coming and automatically qualifying for the Marco Polo Award. We also got three weak sisters that expressed interest and the kind of excuses that would be shameful said face to face, but yeah, life does get in the way.

Desert_Landscape_-_New_Mexico_(5989098056).jpg

So Buzz and I were talking and decided to expand this venture to the weekend which might allow them hearty enough to take a bite out of life and get off the couch to participate in a good time.

So now we'll be on the firing line from Tues Oct 16 through and including Sun Oct 21.

If your interested PM me or Nmbuzz for details and contact info. Buzz says there may be food involved up at his place (just down the road from Whittington) though I'd rather him speak to that part. I will say I'm bringing him two cases of cheap curbside alley wine we might be able to talk him into opening.

new_mexico_animals_large.jpg

2. nmbuzz

nmbuzz Livin Large

Apr 9, 2013
    Dang TOOTIN & SHOOTIN! Guns & Giggles! Lies & Laughs! Firearms-Fun-Food-& Friends!
    If you eat at my place it will probably be a combination of the following.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. nmbuzz

nmbuzz Livin Large

Apr 9, 2013
    Hey LK, You really ought to be here for this goat ropin. I know quite a bit about your heart issues. Between yours and mine we must have at least a half dozen stents working. I found out they won't sell me the high dollar ones to keep on hand for emergencies but I bet these that I found on EBAY for cheap should work just fine. [​IMG]
    So... Not to worry. Be here.

4. nmbuzz

nmbuzz Livin Large

Apr 9, 2013
    OK, here's the dang deal. LP ROAD, UBOATDOC and others within the sound of my voice listen up.
    The "MOUCH" and I are going to have a great time a couple weeks from now. You will be so envious that you are not in the pictures that Scaramouch posts. I KNOW there are a number of "ADDICTS" within a few hours of here. From NRA Whittington it is 3:20 hr min to Denver.
    It is 3:00 hr to Albuquerque. It is 3:30 hr to Amarillo. Throw your gear in the rig, grab a cup of coffee, fill the tank, and be here sometime or all the time from the 16th thru the 21st!!
    If you have ANY questions feel free to PM me.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

wcanterbury and limbkiller like this.
  5. Scaramouche

Sep 15, 2015
    We got another volunteer coming in on the 18th. That firing line is filling up.

P1030902.JPG

A man's gotta consider the economies of living. If you aint got enough money for train fare you can always jump a freight train. But you never know how many more years you got to spend breathing and doing stuff. You laying in that pine box and they are saying he never missed a day of work aint going to do much when you meet St Peter cause you know your sins already. Way you build character, or express it, is to do the unexpected every now and then. If your reading this with your butt planted on the couch you might want to seriously consider coming to the Land of Enchantment, it could extend your life, or enrich it a little.

Me, I love watching the shadow of a mountain come crossing the flats as the sun moves west behind it.

6. nmbuzz

nmbuzz Livin Large

Apr 9, 2013
    Scaramouch just sent this.
    Just returned from Walmart where I got 1000 rds 9mm brass 115 for $169.00 plus tax. Put it in milk crate with 2200 rds .22 LR, 150 rds 20 ga, 500 rds .45 acp and around 600 rds .38 spl, can't pick the darn thing up, plus it's a plastic 30 year old milk crate and is starting to crack with the weight.
    Don't know if Honda CRV is going to haul this, might have to UPS to Buzz.

I just so happen to have a freshly factory rebuilt model 19 Glock that needs some breakin rounds thru it. You think those itty bitty 115 gr bullets will knock the plates down?

Didn't tanks used to pull trailers full of ordinance?? It's gunna be epic!

[​IMG]

7. nmbuzz

nmbuzz Livin Large

Apr 9, 2013
    Long range contest will be shot with my son's M1 Garand awarded to him at the Interservice matches at Camp Pendelton. Top 3 shooters will be awarded a state of the art ammo can
    from Harbor Freight. There will be NO podium award ceremony as no one can really get up on it
    and if up there the fall risk is too great.
    [​IMG]
    First..2nd and 3rd prize
    [​IMG]

8. Scaramouche

Sep 15, 2015
    That gun is way to clean Buzzster, we need to work on that.

Also a note on ammo; it's been my experience you can run about 1,000 rounds through a six gun in about 4 hours, we're going shooting for what 5 - 6 days, I hope your going be hauling some cassions down to Whittington or we're going to end up spending way to much time in one of them fly blown shot up and shot out New Mexican two headed calf saloons I need to stay out of.

9. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Hmmm...Time to just chuck the whole program and come down. Emailing the boss right now. After all he did say, "We want you to take vacation." :eek:

Scaramouche likes this.
  10. Scaramouche

Sep 15, 2015
    Tell him your gonna do a hydrology study of the High Chaparral country and he should kick in gas money. Sounds like your the top hand in the outfit, I'd say your worth it. Let us know when your arriving. I'm tagging you on an on going PM we're communicating together on.

wcanterbury likes this.
  11. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Tenatively booked at the Cimarron Inn!

Scaramouche likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted