1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
43CE3965-8DF6-4CF4-A05D-DAFF56134619.jpeg
Having a strange issue with my WC CQB LE in 9. The empty case will extract and eject, but then there are two live rounds attempting to chamber at the same time. One loose sitting on top of the next live round in the mag.

Factory Ammo, both HST and Federal ball Ammo. New WC mags. Lubed and cleaned.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,286 Posts

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,217 Posts
Classic Double feed issue. Happens like this.
As the pistol recoiled the top round in the magazine pops out of the feed lips, it then resists the backward motion of the slide, as the pistol essentially came out from under it. Now that the round is free of the magazine it found its way partially into the chamber. Then the slide came forward and stripped the next round in the mag and tried to stuff it into the partially occupied chamber and the jam occured.

This type of failure is often caused by single magazine, ie. spring tension, poorly formed feed lips, follower, or any combination of the three.

Number your mags and try to trace the issue to a single magazine.

If that fails to fix the issue look at changing your RC spring to try and change
the speed of the slide.

I suspect if you try using a Tripp magazine your issue will disappear.

·
5,217 Posts
Reactions: Fred_G

·
NRA Endowment member
3,158 Posts
Call Wilson and set up the return. Provide the same photos of the jam and request that at least 100 rds of the Ammo you shoot to be proven good as well as others too.

Reactions: Pilot Rich

·
5,217 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts