Officially carrying my 1911!

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by 2001SportTJ, Oct 14, 2011.

1. 2001SportTJ

2001SportTJ 1911 Totin' Redneck!

Sep 17, 2011
    After owning my 1911 for a month I finally got the chance to carry it today! Right before I went to work I checked the mailbox and what do you know, my holster and mag pouch arrived this morning. I was surprised because I ordered them less than a week ago. The holster and mag pouch were made by Tommy Theis from theisholsters.com. The mag pouch was custom made for me because he only makes single mag pouches. I e-mailed him and asked him if he would make a double mag pouch and have the horsehide cover the entire magazine(the mag pouch he makes only covers half the mag and I didn't want it digging into my back like my other mag pouch does for my Glock, which is why I have been just sticking my extra mag in my front pocket when carrying my Glock) and he e-mailed me right back and told me that would be no problem. I have ordered his holsters before for my Glocks and have been very happy with them. They are super comfortable and conceal very well. I was surprised how well my full size Kimber concealed, but I think it is because it is a lot thinner than my Glocks. I didn't notice much different in weight either but I have a good gun belt and the added weight from my mag pouch on my offhand side probably helped too. Now I am really thinking about selling my G19 to get that commander size Colt I have been eyeballing at the LGS.:grin:

If this is in the wrong section I apologize and will a mod please move it for me.

Here's a couple pics I took on my phone before I went to work....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. deadguy

deadguy Eddie Van Halen Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Congrats. Feels good doesn't it???

3. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
  4. Okie

Okie Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Many congrats on the holster my friend, looks very nice:thumb:

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted