Ohio on brink of modern era

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot, Nov 16, 2018.

1. TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot I do not consent.

Dec 28, 2017
    According to Law of Self Defense/Andrew Branca, folks in OH may soon have something to celebrate.

On Wed the Ohio House passed, by 2 to 1 margin, HB228 which rewrites the State’s archaic self-defense law - putting the burden on prosecutors to disprove self-defense - and creates a “hard” Stand Your Ground legal environment. The Ohio Senate is expected to pass the largely similar SB228 by a similar margin, with enough votes to override the expected veto by femboy governor John Kaisich.

Ohio is the last State in the Union to retain a legal standard requiring innocent defendants to prove their self-defense was legitimate. If the bill passes Ohio will become the 37th State with a Stand Your Ground legal environment, and the 7th State with a “hard” Stand Your Ground law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Agree and support these bills very much. I’ve been writing my politicians often to show my support for them. Very happy that it passed and will continue to urge them to stay on top of this, we need this!

GoetzTalon and Steve Owens like this.

3. Dallas Knight

Dallas Knight Max Otto von Stierlitz

Jun 22, 2015
    Two of the best laws to have passed the Texas Legislature in the modern era (IMHO), have been the ‘Stand Your Ground’ law and the ‘Castle Doctrine’ (no duty to retreat within your own home). Congratulations Ohio! (Hope it’s not premature). Good Luck!

Journeyman1234 and Steve Owens like this.
  4. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    I was hoping this was going to get passed. Somebody however does need to slap the dog dookie out of our governor and wake his stupid @$$ up... Some, of that crap he pulls I can't say I consider him a conservative Rep in any sense of the word...

Mike Meints, FWoo45 and Babboonbobo like this.
  5. Babboonbobo

Nov 18, 2014
    He was done as far as I was concerned when he refused to show to the Republican national convention in Cleveland!!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  6. Shocker2000

Shocker2000 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Man, I can't stand John Kaisich. Republican In Name Only

Still miles ahead of our governor in WA state.

Hope the bill(s) pass.

Ohio and Steve Owens like this.
  7. 1911fanatic

1911fanatic Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    About time. And I agree, kasich is a waste of a human being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mini Me and limbkiller like this.
  8. july19

july19 Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled. Supporting Addict

Sep 16, 2013
    Yes, this state sucks. This last waste of paper is a defeat; I’m hoping it goes to the SCOTUS.

9. Babboonbobo

Nov 18, 2014
    Well that pos Kaisich vetoed HB228!! His ass needs to go and F him if he thinks of running for President again! What a piece of crap he’s turned into the last two years!

Billed passed both house and senate by large margins and his dumb ass said he didn’t want to give more power to the gun rights groups!!

rhjeepdriver likes this.
  10. Integrity Arms

Integrity Arms 1911 Pistol Smith

Mar 20, 2017
    What a jOke.. He's about a piece of work that's for sure. Needs to crawl back in the neanderthal hole he climbed out of.. They had a rally for him locally when he was running for office last time barely anyone showed up, makes me wonder how he is still in office now.

Babboonbobo likes this.
  11. TexasPatriot59

TexasPatriot59 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2018
    John Kaisich... loser in failed run for the presidency; loser in life as a RINO governor. Definition of an all around loser....

Babboonbobo and Steve Owens like this.
  12. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    I might someday be proud to say I was born and raised there. :)

13. RS.

RS. Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2017
    Doesn’t nearly every state use castle doctrine? And nearly 2/3 have SYG? It will only be a matter of time in Ohio. We’ll be a red state for the next decade. All major cities and their counties will remain solidly democratic however.

TangoWhiskeyFoxtrot likes this.
  14. Babboonbobo

Nov 18, 2014
    Well today the Ohio house and senate voted to override peckerwoods veto so HB228 WILL be enacted!!!
    I’m sooo glad that asshat is out of here, turned out to be a real pos as governor.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted