OK, I'm here representing Mississippi...

Discussion in 'Mississippi' started by Wescus, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Wescus

Wescus New Member

Aug 19, 2015
    For all of my Mississippi folks, let me introduce myself. My name is Steve Westbrook. I live in Starkville and I am a 30 year law enforcement veteran. Also a U.S. Army veteran (Military Police). I am an NRA certified Law enforcement instructor for handgun, shotgun, patrol rifle, submachine gun, and precision rifle. I am also NRA certified for handgun, shotgun and rifle civilian classes. I do the state Enhanced Carry course as well as other civilian classes. We can put together a class on anything from basic techniques to some pretty high speed/low drag stuff. Safety is always our first consideration. Anyway, enough advertisements...
    My first love is Colt 1911s 1982 and back. The 80 series guns kind of turned me off of the newer stuff. Absolutely nothing wrong with them I guess, but an old true Master Pistolsmith named Forrest Davis (R.I.P.) didn't like them, so I didn't figure I should either. I learned 90% of what I know about 1911s from Mr. Forrest. I have probably owned over 100 different 1911s through the years and fired 10's of thousands of rounds through them. That being said, I will not say that I'm an expert on the gun because every time I start thinking I know everything life shows me something new. If you think I can help you in any way feel free to holler at me...

2. nmbuzz

nmbuzz Livin Large

Apr 9, 2013
    UH..... You are way over qualified for this foru............ Welcome ,and thanks for your national
    and local service.

3. Wheels No More

Wheels No More Long gone

May 12, 2015
    Welcome from the southwest corner of Missouri.
    Enjoy the addiction.

Jelly likes this.
  4. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    Welcome from CT.

5. SparkyAZ

SparkyAZ It is a dry heat, right... Supporting Addict

Sep 11, 2012
    Welcome sir, we look forward to your participation in this fine forum.

6. Wescus

Wescus New Member

Aug 19, 2015
    NM Buzz, I've never been qualified to do half the stuff I've managed to pull off, much less over-qualified... A little desire to succeed and a lot of BS have served me pretty well...

7. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    Hello from central Kentucky. Been to Mississippi a lot. Used to raise Beefmaster cattle showed at Dixie National in Jackson.

8. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    Been to a lot of big cities like Hot coffee and canton.

9. Wescus

Wescus New Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Did you know that you cannot buy a cup of hot coffee in Hot Coffee, MS? At least the last time I rode through on my motorcycle I couldn't find a place...

10. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Welcome from east Missouri. Sounds like you bring a wealth of information, Steve. You'll be a welcomed old hand here!

Thank you for your service, and welcome aboard!

11. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Representing Mississippi very well!

Welcome to the Addiction!

12. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    That's my remark about Hot Coffee. you can't buy hot coffee.

13. Dock_Rocker

Dock_Rocker Active Member

Nov 21, 2014
    You can't buy hot coffee in Hot Coffee but just about anywhere you stop they will gladly give you a cup. You can journey just up the road to Soso, Ms and get all the hot coffee you want!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimhoag likes this.
  14. TexasBB

TexasBB Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Nov 23, 2014
    Welcome from a State alum currently living in Texas. I'll be down your way in October for the Kentucky game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted