1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good except for that sight. Not sure if they cut the dovetail for it? I believe it’s a Millett.
not quite sure what I can do to change it out .... its is a (pun intended) ugly sight
ill just take it to the range and see how close it is

·
Registered
“Let me live the next few minutes well…”
864 Posts
It’s a “Small Letter”: Late 70’s-very early 80’s. The slide should not be cut with that rear. It’s a Millett set. You probably do have a “Dual Crimp” front sight that will require replacement with the same mounting system or welding up and cutting for a dovetail.
I was actually about to list two different Millett Fixed Sight sets for sale. Definitely better IMNSHO than what you have and won’t require refinishing. I’ll hold off listing them until I hear from you.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It’s a “Small Letter”: Late 70’s-very early 80’s. The slide should not be cut with that rear. It’s a Millett set. You probably do have a “Dual Crimp” front sight that will require replacement with the same mounting system or welding up and cutting for a dovetail.
I was actually about to list two different Millett Fixed Sight sets for sale. Definitely better IMNSHO than what you have and won’t require refinishing. I’ll hold off listing them until I hear from you.
thanks I would like to see how those sights look. I cant post or respond yet in the classified's. So if ya dont mind waiting a few days till I make the date required?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hi,
My opinion, but if you touch anything on that pistol, you have ruined it for what it is, which is a part of History.

If you change the sights, you might as well go ahead, and do a full rebuild (lower ejection port, BT grip safety, long trigger, ect. ect.)

Nice pistol!

·
Deo Volente
7,796 Posts
thanks I would like to see how those sights look. I cant post or respond yet in the classified's. So if ya dont mind waiting a few days till I make the date required?
You can always send @gunfighter45 a PM.

·
Registered
“Let me live the next few minutes well…”
864 Posts
Colorado, I got him hooked up.

·
Premium Member
8,128 Posts
Series 70 Colts make great base guns if and when you decide what to do with it. All the base guns for IPSC in the 70s and a lot of the 80s were Series 70 Colts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts