Old Colt

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by CT72, May 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. CT72

CT72 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2015
    I got the chance to get my hands on a old Colt that was given to my neighbor by his father. He said his dad didn’t give him much information about the ol 1911, but said he wanted him to have it. My neighbor knows I’m a addict so brought it over to me to inspect it. Once I seen it, I knew it was something special. I believe it was a issued firearm and we plan to contact Colt for more information about it. The action is smooth and the trigger is as nice as some of my semi customs. Tomorrow we’re going to do a detailed strip and inspection. I look forward to finding more about the history of this 1911. I’ll try to follow up with pictures and any information I find out about it. It kinda makes me feel like I should be a collector instead of a shooter:)

Bro. Pappaw, Mini Me, Kip and 2 others like this.
  2. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Collector VS Shooter

Collector: "Stop right there, I have a beautiful collection of flawless 1911's."

Shooter: "Stop right there, I've got this one, it's loaded, and I'm good with it."

My money is on the shooter... :) (Just messing around)

Seriously though, I think it's cool that folks come across these older 1911's, and actually find out the history of them, and the service they've done. It seems like they're getting harder, and harder to find, and when people do find them in great condition it's an awesome thing!
    Keep us posted, and good on you for helping your neighbor out.

Bro. Pappaw, Kip and CT72 like this.

3. retrieverman

retrieverman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    So let me get this straight, because I may be misinterpreting your post.

Your neighbor’s Dad gave him this old Colt because he wanted him to have it, and he’s going to sell it to you?!?

Or are you just inspecting, cleaning, and getting info for him?!?

Bro. Pappaw likes this.
  4. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    PICTURES

Bro. Pappaw, ZoidMeister and Kip like this.
  5. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    Saturday morning tease . . . .

6. Bro. Pappaw

Bro. Pappaw Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Yes. Pictures please.

7. CT72

CT72 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2015
    B202D875-FF5E-475A-8EDC-3EC6A3E55DB0.jpeg 27FC5ACA-561E-48DB-A6A6-B013329B08FB.jpeg View attachment 261243 DB4FF9FE-ACF1-45E1-B981-558DDB1C9D0E.jpeg Pictures as requested. This old Colt is in beautiful condition for a gun it’s age. It was an honor going through it for my neighbor and explaining how they work to him. From what I’ve found it appears to have been built in 1913.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    41 Charlie, Noel, Cycletroll and 3 others like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted