1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the chance to get my hands on a old Colt that was given to my neighbor by his father. He said his dad didn’t give him much information about the ol 1911, but said he wanted him to have it. My neighbor knows I’m a addict so brought it over to me to inspect it. Once I seen it, I knew it was something special. I believe it was a issued firearm and we plan to contact Colt for more information about it. The action is smooth and the trigger is as nice as some of my semi customs. Tomorrow we’re going to do a detailed strip and inspection. I look forward to finding more about the history of this 1911. I’ll try to follow up with pictures and any information I find out about it. It kinda makes me feel like I should be a collector instead of a shooter:)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Collector VS Shooter

Collector: "Stop right there, I have a beautiful collection of flawless 1911's."

Shooter: "Stop right there, I've got this one, it's loaded, and I'm good with it."

My money is on the shooter... :) (Just messing around)

Seriously though, I think it's cool that folks come across these older 1911's, and actually find out the history of them, and the service they've done. It seems like they're getting harder, and harder to find, and when people do find them in great condition it's an awesome thing!
Keep us posted, and good on you for helping your neighbor out.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
So let me get this straight, because I may be misinterpreting your post.

Your neighbor’s Dad gave him this old Colt because he wanted him to have it, and he’s going to sell it to you?!?

Or are you just inspecting, cleaning, and getting info for him?!?

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Saturday morning tease . . . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts