1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was revisiting this project this morning, and it occurred to me that I didn't ever post the finished product here.

This was one of my last projects at GI. Built completely on speculation, and sold for $10k before the graver even started scraping metal. I am very proud of this one. From concept to creation, this was my baby.

Built by GI, hand engraving by Mark Swanson, faded/distressed/whatever hot salt blue done by me.

Anyway. Something to look at with your Saturday morning coffee.
Blade Hunting knife Everyday carry Knife Tan

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys.

I remember this one. Really cool idea. Long slide. 45 IIRC?
I think this was 9mm... funny how those details get forgotten so quickly ahhaha

Very nice, hope no one decides it's fake looking LOL that is beautiful work, an exclamation mark for your time at GI, that one should make the front cover of books.
Unfortunately, when I finally showed this to the world there were more than a few "I had that idea a long time ago" comments. That's cool, guys. Cause an idea is just that... until you do something with it.

Work of art kind of a pistol! I would pause for a few seconds before pulling that trigger

@DPCC, do you know why most engraved GI guns come with Chain Link checkering versus the 15lpi?
This one was coincidence. As the models go though; the Renaissance is the only model that GI sells that comes with engraving as standard. Another standard feature of the Renaissance is the chain link. That is why the majority of engraved guns have that checkering pattern. But yeah. This was just what was handy as far as a frame goes. Long slide because I wanted as much space for the engraving as I could get.

And more pictures as requested. These are the only that I have handy at the moment. Both are in the white, before bluing and finish work.
Finger Blade Knife Hunting knife Metal
Blade Knife Hunting knife Everyday carry Tool

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Super cool! Thanks for sharing and very nice work.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was revisiting this project this morning, and it occurred to me that I didn't ever post the finished product here.

This was one of my last projects at GI. Built completely on speculation, and sold for $10k before the graver even started scraping metal. I am very proud of this one. From concept to creation, this was my baby.

Built by GI, hand engraving by Mark Swanson, faded/distressed/whatever hot salt blue done by me.

Anyway. Something to look at with your Saturday morning coffee.
View attachment 381519
Still my all time fave for uniqueness!! You need to show the case for it as well since it brings it all together as an awesome work of art.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.