1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Old school to new school. They're all used for different shooting sports also.

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Merton 
#1 ·
Left to Right.

NM Colt on Essex frame for CMP Service Pistol. I usually shoot USPSA or Steel Challenge and a teammate encouraged me to try out bullseye. He used this to make Distinguished.

STI Marauder with Chambers Custom red dot mount. Without the light attached it's actually IDPA legal in Carry Optics. This gun was pretty rough when I first got it and has come a long way. Wears an RMR Type 2 in 3.25 MOA. I'll carry this gun as well.

Akai Custom Guns 2011 in .40SW for USPSA's Limited division. For Limited division .40SW is the minimum size to make Major Power Factor. It does not get shot much and is on the chopping block because of the gun on the right. Just had a metal grip installed by Akai.

Open Division 2011 in 9mm Major. Bought this from a friend and mentor to try out Open Division and well I like it a lot. Already has several match wins in USPSA and Steel Challenge.

See less See more
#4 ·
The Open Gun is built on a CK frame, KKM barrel, I think a CK Comp, Infinity Ignition parts (2lb trigger pull), and an Infinity grip. and I got it from a friend and mentor that shot it at past Nationals and several state matches. He saw me drive into 2011s and I expressed interest in Open and well this was my gateway gun. I'm committed to Open now (having a 2nd Open gun built by Rafferty Custom) and looking to move the Akai limited gun as it's a shooter not a safe queen.

#7 ·
Love open class pistols, and they're all I ever shot from the mid 80s to about 2003. Haven't shot in a long time though, so the oversized gas pedal and mud flap kinda raised an eyebrow. ;)

#15 ·
Left to Right.

NM Colt on Essex frame for CMP Service Pistol. I usually shoot USPSA or Steel Challenge and a teammate encouraged me to try out bullseye. He used this to make Distinguished.

STI Marauder with Chambers Custom red dot mount. Without the light attached it's actually IDPA legal in Carry Optics. This gun was pretty rough when I first got it and has come a long way. Wears an RMR Type 2 in 3.25 MOA. I'll carry this gun as well.

Akai Custom Guns 2011 in .40SW for USPSA's Limited division. For Limited division .40SW is the minimum size to make Major Power Factor. It does not get shot much and is on the chopping block because of the gun on the right. Just had a metal grip installed by Akai.

Open Division 2011 in 9mm Major. Bought this from a friend and mentor to try out Open Division and well I like it a lot. Already has several match wins in USPSA and Steel Challenge.

View attachment 708638
Doge, please text me at 512-5nine0- 242six regarding your BUL pistol, Sorry, I cannot reply to the ad or pm you bc of lack of privilege. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.