1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Chambers Custom Owners Club
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to share a few pics of an old Service Grade Protector that I gave a local smith and friend to do some work on. When I gave him the pistol, I told him to take his time, do his thing, and make it better than when I gave it to him!

He called me today (after a long while of having it) and said it was done... I am not a big "stencil" guy when it comes to cerakote, but this looks pretty cool. The pistol is really tight (not from the cerakote), as he refit the entire thing. The now hi-cut frame, checkering, and updated parts are all very nice... I have to say his front sight blend is as good as any I have seen or owned. New rear sight (which is a Chambers design) is really cool as well..

Add some Challis Bushings, Carbon Fiber VZ Grips, and Turbo Screws and we have a rebirth of an older pistol that looks cool and fresh!

Only complaint is after all the work, the grip safety blend could be better, but its better than it was from Wilson.

Figured I would share some pics!

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Huh, not much of a stencil fan either. But I have to confess, the first few pics I was thinking somebody's gotta like it. But the fifth pic, the top view, I kinda like! Makin' me rethink the stencil act...anyway, hows it shoot?

·
Chambers Custom Owners Club
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Huh, not much of a stencil fan either. But I have to confess, the first few pics I was thinking somebody's gotta like it. But the fifth pic, the top view, I kinda like! Makin' me rethink the stencil act...anyway, hows it shoot?
Yeah, he told me he put a stencil on it... I told him I was going to sandblast it off:)

I have no clue how it shoots... got it back about an hour ago. Shot well before I gave it to him... seeing how tight it is and how the lock up on it is, I would just assume it shoots lights out!

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
If you had ASKED me about the stenciling, I'd have said NO WAY! But if you'd SHOWN me that I'd have to say yes! Really nice and unique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow! I'm a pretty rigid run of the mill fella. I don't like to change anything on my 1911's. Not even grips. However, I like the stenciling. That looks super nice.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I can definitely see where the stenciling could be a real addition and enhance an other wise 'stock' finish. I'm old though, and cranky, and don't think I'd ever order it done... but that's just me and I understand I'm often totally out in left field about things! Heck, I'm jut now at the point where I'm starting to think that maybe ... maybe .... a 9mm 1911 might actually be OK ... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts