1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe I did this. I know better and even was once a reloader. Today I bought another box of 308 ammo, but in 180 gr instead of the usual 150 I get. So I thought, "let's see how much larger in diameter that bullet is!" I actually took one from each box and compared them before I realized what a dummass I was! Dang! And I know how it all works!

shame.png

·
Deo Volente
7,104 Posts
I can't believe I did this. I know better and even was once a reloader. Today I bought another box of 308 ammo, but in 180 gr instead of the usual 150 I get. So I thought, "let's see how much larger in diameter that bullet is!" I actually took one from each box and compared them before I realized what a dummass I was! Dang! And I know how it all works!

View attachment 463239
:roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro:

·
Chief Steward of Man Law
641 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
so if the 180 is 120% heavier than the 150, and they're made from the same lead, it would have to be 120% wider...... yes?:confused::confused:

:sneaky:

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts

·
Deo Volente
7,104 Posts
:roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro:

Reactions: ZoidMeister

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
.616 caliber
And we all thought .45 was the right choice!

·
Registered
821 Posts

View attachment 463239
DUH, everybody knows that 180 's are 30 grains more dia-meters than 150's!

Smiles,

1 - 20 of 27 Posts