1911 Firearm Addicts banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Enabler
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
We've had a couple through the shop they feel really nice. I'm a fan.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Overall I am very pleased with it, for the price point. I am hoping to take it to the range Wednesday w my newly acquired NH Costa and well see how it keeps up. Here is a very brief overview without shooting it:

Fit is very good for the price point. No slide movement and tight lockup. The Wilson TS and hammer are quality. Trigger is nice a little heavy for my liking but this is production here. I am a big fan of the front strap and MSH treatment. It is a nice texture. I like the sights w the exception of the rear one hanging off slide. I am a fan of the Black T as that is what they use on the Pros. Special SN is a nice touch as are the ball cuts. The mags are great but they are really made for guns with magwells, in my opinion. Oh and SA finally made some decent roll marks, it’s a small miracle! Dislikes: I don’t like the texture on the slide. Both from an aesthetics and function standpoint I wish they just used standard serrations. The rear sight overhand isn’t as bad as it looked in the pics but I am reminded of it every time I cock the hammer. I also don’t like the grips. They feel more plastic than G10 and the logo isn’t in the middle. Easy fix for the last two, not so much the first one. Overall I think it is a quality production build and SA got it right on this one with parts and price point. I would definitely recommend picking one up if you are on the fence.
Thank you @BBP for bringing this one to our attention! I was on the fence about pestering you for one but then found a lightly used one from a great addict on here.

·
Registered
119 Posts
OCD in me...can't get past the rear sight,
other than that looks pretty squared away
Me too. That sight just don't blend in well with the rest of the pistol. Interestingly Wilson don't even put the same Vickers battle sight on it's Vickers Elite model.
https://www.wilsoncombat.com/vickers-elite/

It would be nice if Springfield move the sight dovetail forward a bit and cut a notch on the slide at the rear end like original Heinie style.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don’t mind the sights. Would like to see a magwell.

Are we sure this is a “TRP”? Does the TRP line get extra attention to fitting compared to other SAs? If so do these get the same level of attention?

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
^^^^ these are out of the "master class builds" what that actually means I have no idea, but doesn't look even close to a TRP. Master Class also includes the " Afficianado" model, not sure what other offerings.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
I have a Pro, Trp operator and the Vickers. I am not sure about what SAs processes are for each one but I can tell you my Vickers is fit very nicely. The frame to slide fit is tight, and Wilson safety feels great.

I will say that the TRP operator is the most accurate of the three, including compared to the Pro. However I have been shooting it the longest

21 - 31 of 31 Posts