On the fence about going NFA...

Discussion in 'NFA Weapons' started by 98cwitr, Feb 27, 2019.

1. 98cwitr

98cwitr Member

Apr 11, 2018
    I want to can and SBR an AR pistol (300BLK), but really seems like I'd be putting myself on "the list." And as the saying goes: first comes registration, then comes confiscation. What are your thoughts on the issue?

2. eboggs

eboggs Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2016
    The Govt. can find you regardless, if they want. Its not that difficult... Technology is an awesome and sometimes scary tool.

Since the new SBA3 Brace hit the market, I see no reason to SBR a rifle unless you WANT a particular buttstock and are OCD about it. If that's the case, just do it!

The only reason I personally haven't, is because it's a pain to travel across state lines when I go to trainings/teach. With a "pistol" I dont have to worry about it.

Also, having "issued" SBRs doesn't hurt either ;).

3. CENTURIATOR

CENTURIATOR Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2018
    I own two SBRs and two suppressors (one for rifle, two for handguns). I just don't think it's a big deal given that I'm already "on the list" via my citizenship (passport), my local, state and federal taxes, my Social Security number, etc. etc. etc.

The only down sides are: the stamp tax and the interstate travel issue.

I don't have much faith in the "braces" as a reliable and sturdy stock. And suppressors...are wonderful for protecting hearing, particularly when running and gunning with a short barreled AR. I always wear ear pro while running any of my weapons suppressed, but it sure makes it a lot more enjoyable.

Diggs19116 and ImperialBlade like this.
  4. ChuckC

ChuckC Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 2, 2016
    If the gov wants you, they’ll find you. Get your stamps and carry on.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Diggs19116 and CENTURIATOR like this.
  5. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    My thoughts on the issue is that: I'm glad the tax has never been adjusted for inflation.

JD31, Diggs19116 and CENTURIATOR like this.
  6. john_anch_ak

john_anch_ak Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 7, 2017
    Regarding pistol braces, I like them and have one. Right now I can use it just like it's a stock. But when will the powers that be ban them just like they did with bump stocks? Why they ever declared bump stocks to not be machine guns is beyond me, same with sound suppressors. Why they ever declared SBR's to be any different than barrels longer than 16" is also beyond me. As I get older more and more is beyond me. Especially when dealing with the morons who keep getting elected year after year and the whole time voters keep sending them back to office to screw us over.
    Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Seems like sometimes when I get started I can't stop...

7. White95

White95 Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Don’t try to figure it out. You’ll get a headache.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted