On the fence with purchase of valor

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by UGA556, Dec 3, 2011.

1. UGA556

UGA556 Active Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Guys,
    I hate to spark the same debate again, but I am itching for a new 1911. I have a s&w 1911pd that i love, but i want a new toy.
    I will carry it , but i have a concealed carry bag, so it won't be on my hip very often.
    I am pretty interested in a dan wesson valor and am leaning heavily that way, but i am flexible. Any guidance is welcome.
    I don't want a safe queen. I am gonna shoot whatever i buy.
    I would like to stay under $2k, but i might do $2200. for some reason i just can't justify $2500+.
    Haha sorry to start a debate. thanks in advance.

2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    good stuff, but take a look at Baers from Crazy John.

3. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Well you have.LOL The valor is a great choice. I won't try to steer you in any direction as you and only you know what looks good to you. Shoot the guns you like if you can and listen to people who will chime in who know more than me. Good luck in your choise.

P.S. Taurus of some kind would be my choise. :animlol:

4. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I was between Baer and Valor myself. I did a lot of homework, but was unable to even rack the slide of, let alone shoot -either gun before my purchase. But I pretty much walked away knowing I couldn't go wrong with either. Folks seem to like the way the barrel is seated on the Bears and the Valors seem to get the nod on internal parts -to grossly generalize what I have read. I settled on a black Vbob (that I will be shooting for the first time tomorrow), because I wanted that indestructible black finish. I will probably buy a Baer next -as different as they are, I could never decide which one I liked the looks of best. Either way, you will likely get a good return on your investment if it turns out not to be the gun for you. One gun I was looking at for $2,400 was a GI "No Name." I decided that was out of my price range, but I sure do longingly look at pictures of those.

5. UGA556

UGA556 Active Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Great points guys. Let me know what you think blue ridge. I am very curious about your first impressions.

6. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Just get the valor as you obviuosly like it. then call CJ for you next ten or twenty. LOL

7. Trent

Trent Site Founder Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    :fencing: ^^^This^^^

8. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    "take a look" meaning call and ask, as it seems he ain't never gonna get a website up and running. :lol:

9. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    This.....

I have 1 DW,but I own 5 Les Baers.

4 came from CJ.

There is a reason for this. Get a Les Baer and don't look back.

DAT85

10. joerockhead

joerockhead "BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore ! Supporting Addict

Oct 12, 2011
    If you have $2200 to spend ....by all means buy the Baer...........
    That way....you only have to save up $450 to buy a Glock..............:tongueout:

11. sjd78

sjd78 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 29, 2011
    Call CJ and get a Baer or a Brown!

12. 3Baers

3Baers 1911 oldie

Oct 9, 2011
    Call CJ and get a Baer.

13. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Dang guys, show some support! I swear, you'd think the guy signed up on a Harley forum and started the thread "On the fence about getting a Honda." :lol:

14. 20South

20South Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Call DRC and talk to him about that No Name on his website. Its listed at $2400. You can't beat that or the Guncrafter.

15. TexShooter

TexShooter Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I was having the same debate between the black valor and the Baer Ultimate Tactical Carry. I decided to get the Baer. I called CJ and he thought he had the one with no front serrations in stock but it turns out he didnt unfortunately. I may have to just jump on the GunBroker, i want it badly NOW!

16. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    This is the answer. :thumb:

17. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Ya can't go wrong with a Valor... or a Baer... Ron

18. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    Joe,I like the way you think! :thumb:

:lol:

DAT85

19. Rinspeed

Rinspeed Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Call CJ and get a Baer. :thumb:

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted